Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-09-2021, 08:38 AM   #1

Tiffin Allegro Red 33AL oil change

Would like to do the engine oil change on our 2020 33AL, however, I crawled under the coach and discovered the bottom of the oil filter is two inches above a coolant line blocking access to the oil filter. Definitely, not a lot of room surrounding this oil filter. I am hoping to find someone who has tackled this situation on this particular coach. I am not a fan of removing that coolant line. For those who have changed the engine oil on your 2020 33AA model have you run into the same problem as well.
GetRDone is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2021, 09:23 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
I found that the filter was a little difficult to access the first time I changed my oil. On mine the filter will clear however it holds a lot of oil so I slightly loosen the filter and then I punch a hole in the bottom of the filter and allow the oil inside to drain before removing it so it can be tipped to clear without spilling everywhere. When replacing the new filter I only fill it half way so it can be tilted without making a mess. Hope this helps.
Old 05-09-2021, 11:25 AM   #3

That’s pretty much what I had to do also. Definitely make sure to loosen filter before punching (or drilling) a hole in it!

David
Old 05-11-2021, 05:41 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
I have the 2019. Same rig. Mine has the same line. I’ve done all of the maintenance on mine myself so far except change the oil. I was in a pinch then, so I had it done by a shop. I’ve communicated with someone that changed his own, and he indicated he did the same as others here. Loosened, punched a hole, tilted out to remove it. Sounds like my experience changing the air filter and fuel filters was easier than changing the oil. I’ll be doing it next time for sure.
thegats1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 10:30 AM   #5

we have had 2 gasser class A and now have the 2020 tiffin red 33al diesel - have always done our own maintenance and want to continue to do so. However we are having trouble finding info on things like which oil to use, oil or air filter numbers, oil capacity etc. oil change frequency. Where did you find this info? Good to know your experiences changing the oil.
FloHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 11:31 AM   #6

Oil is 15W40. Interval is 1 year or 15000 miles whichever comes first. Look at the attached .pdf file for filters.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Powerglide Chassis Filters.pdf (402.6 KB, 145 views)
Old 03-03-2022, 12:38 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaugh10 View Post
Oil is 15W40. Interval is 1 year or 15000 miles whichever comes first. Look at the attached .pdf file for filters.
The RED 33AA is on a Freightliner chassis, isn't it? Your file is titled Powerglide chassis. Are they referencing the same chassis?
Old 03-03-2022, 02:23 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Yung2 Quit View Post
The RED 33AA is on a Freightliner chassis, isn't it? Your file is titled Powerglide chassis. Are they referencing the same chassis?
My 2020 is PowerGlide. I assuming theirs is too. The OP indicated a 33AL not a 33AA
Old 03-03-2022, 03:34 PM   #9

Quote:
My 2020 is PowerGlide. I assuming theirs is too. The OP indicated a 33AL not a 33AA
He actually says both in the original post.
Old 03-03-2022, 04:02 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Yung2 Quit View Post
He actually says both in the original post.
I was meaning to reference post #5, not the original. My bad. Although you are correct that the original referenced both.
Old 03-03-2022, 05:08 PM   #11

Quote:
I was meaning to reference post #5, not the original. My bad. Although you are correct that the original referenced both.
Perhaps the OP would like to step in and clarify at this point.
Old 03-03-2022, 05:30 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloHouse View Post
we have had 2 gasser class A and now have the 2020 tiffin red 33al diesel - have always done our own maintenance and want to continue to do so. However we are having trouble finding info on things like which oil to use, oil or air filter numbers, oil capacity etc. oil change frequency. Where did you find this info? Good to know your experiences changing the oil.

You can PM me if you want. I’ve changed the engine oil and filter, engine air filter, fuel filters (2), generator oil and oil filter. Next is desiccant cartridge on air system. If you need info let me know. Not an expert, but handy enough to do my own maintenance so far.
Old 03-03-2022, 11:17 PM   #13

Did manage to find the Chassis manual at Tiffin's website. Cleared up a lot for us. Yes ours is the powerglide - 2020 33al That being said, there were a few small differences that were confusing. Like where the compressed air tank drains were located. The manual showed them in the DEF tank compartment. Finally found them up front near the generator.
FloHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 04:53 AM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloHouse View Post
Did manage to find the Chassis manual at Tiffin's website. Cleared up a lot for us. Yes ours is the powerglide - 2020 33al That being said, there were a few small differences that were confusing. Like where the compressed air tank drains were located. The manual showed them in the DEF tank compartment. Finally found them up front near the generator.

Yes, you're finding out what I've found out about that manual. I've managed to pull together most of the manuals and store them on my phone (OneNote). Not sure how much your rig was used and how well the prior owner took care of it. Besides the obvious items such as oil and filters, you may want to decalcify the Truma water heater at some point. Did mine this weekend for the first time using the Truma tablets. Pretty easy to follow the manual. I realize the 33AL doesn't have all of the bells and whistles other coaches have, but we really love ours. Hope you do too.

Tags
allegro, tiffin