RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-27-2017, 09:18 AM   #1

Tiffin Breeze

I'm looking at a 2012 Tiffin 32BR diesel and thought I'd get some feedback here. We have tented, van converted, pop-up, and 28' trailer camped off and on over the last 50 years and am now thinking of going with a motor home. Plan on mostly state and national park visits in our new home in the north west (Portland). I have no knowledge of diesel other than I think it'd be better for the hills and possibly mileage. Look for any input you might have re: Motorhome/Breeze/diesel to help make a decision... Thanks.

JPL49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-27-2017, 01:27 PM   #2

You would be well advised to do a search and read about the Maxxforce engines, before you think about the older Breeze units. New ones have a Cummins engine. Dave

allegro1x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 12:49 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Before I got my Phaeton I owned a 2012 Breeze 28BR (from new) and put about 35,000 miles on it in two years, including one trip to the Canadian Rockies. It was an enjoyable coach for me (my first motorhome) and was generally trouble-free. I believe the Maxxforce engine issues started with the 2013 models, when an exhaust brake was added and emissions settings changed, as I had no problems with mine. I flat-towed a 2dr Wrangler.
While my Phaeton is very nice, there are times when I miss the better maneuverability I had with the Breeze.
D Moffitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 04:09 AM   #4

We had a 2011 Breeze and our greatest complaint was poor weight distribution having a light front end when driving into head winds. The front end lifts and front wheels vibrated to the point the driver side front window was falling out and side panel screws backed out. The rear end engine weight with the short wheel base does not like head winds. Brought it to Red Bay but problem remained. Traded on a Phaeton 40QBH and feel like I'm driving in heaven. Also had limited closet space and the refrigerator was small and did not cool well.
Trans. Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 07:28 PM   #5

Allegro Open Road 32CA

Thanks for all responding. We did not go forward with a purchase since the dealer was excited then disappeared? Probably sold it after our visit. How about a gas Allegro Open Road 32CA? Haven't seen any but have a few listed in striking distance of our location.
JPL49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 03:58 AM   #6

jpl49 - i think you will like the 32ca and have less trouble with it than the Breeze. Dave
allegro1x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 09:11 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trans. Cajun View Post
We had a 2011 Breeze and our greatest complaint was poor weight distribution having a light front end when driving into head winds. The front end lifts and front wheels vibrated to the point the driver side front window was falling out and side panel screws backed out. The rear end engine weight with the short wheel base does not like head winds. Brought it to Red Bay but problem remained. Traded on a Phaeton 40QBH and feel like I'm driving in heaven. Also had limited closet space and the refrigerator was small and did not cool well.
Did Red Bay put on a Safety Steer ? I have been researching 2011 and 12 Breeze's for some time & everything I have read says that Tiffin was able to fix the front end issues and the main component was a Safety Steer.
No real issues with the MaxForce, but I have not found one with over 100K miles yet.
Old 05-13-2017, 01:16 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPL49 View Post
Thanks for all responding. We did not go forward with a purchase since the dealer was excited then disappeared? Probably sold it after our visit. How about a gas Allegro Open Road 32CA? Haven't seen any but have a few listed in striking distance of our location.
We love our Allegro Open Road 36LA gasser. Get about 6.5 mpg with the V10 towing a Jeep Grand Cherokee. It is still small enough to fit in State and National parks. We don't want anything longer and prefer a gasser over diesel.
Less operating and maintenance costs.

flywithcoop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tiffin