Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-30-2021, 09:16 PM   #1

Tiffin furniture backlog

Well my 32SA is built and sitting at the factory waiting on the booth and seats. Tiffin won't even guess as to when it will ship. Has anyone recently had this experience? I am just wondering how long it took to get the furniture. Tiffin said the furniture company ships the furniture as soon as it is made. Biggest problem is not enough workers due to the fact people are making more money sitting at home right now.
mikervet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-30-2021, 09:53 PM   #2

I'm in the same boat. Our 45OPP completed paint in early May. It is one of the 200 units on the lot waiting for items. When I first inquired a few weeks ago, Tiffin told me they were waiting for a couch, A/C's, and the solar chargers. As of yesterday it is only waiting on the couch. My original published ship date was June 3. At this point we have no real idea when it will be complete.

I still have a hard time comprehending all the changes in our economy over the past 18 months. I'm hopeful that we will be closer to normal by the end of the year, but I know that is wishful thinking.
Jmo1516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 03:32 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Can we assume that you placed your order early in the year? (January?)
RichdlP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 06:48 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
I was in Red Bay in April of this year, EVERYONE at the plant was complaining about the lack of materials and PEOPLE. Supply chains are totally messed up due to lack of people in the supply chain. Every point of the supply chain is waiting on the group in supporting them.
tjvogtiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 11:05 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichdlP View Post
Can we assume that you placed your order early in the year? (January?)
The order for our bus was processed on March 3rd. We were able to snag one of the last two 2021 45' Powerglide chassis's. Even with the delay, we will still get a chance to enjoy the unit this summer. I knew that if we waited for the 22's we would pay more and most likely be putting it into storage right after we took delivery.
Old 07-01-2021, 11:24 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Kudos John and Karen ... well thought out. Hope it gets to you soon so you can enjoy it.
RichdlP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 11:53 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Extending the unemployment benefit was a really dumb idea!
Maybe even dumber, why am I working instead of collecting free $$$.
Brianb131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 01:06 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Delivery continues to slip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmo1516 View Post
I'm in the same boat. Our 45OPP completed paint in early May. It is one of the 200 units on the lot waiting for items. When I first inquired a few weeks ago, Tiffin told me they were waiting for a couch, A/C's, and the solar chargers. As of yesterday it is only waiting on the couch. My original published ship date was June 3. At this point we have no real idea when it will be complete.

I still have a hard time comprehending all the changes in our economy over the past 18 months. I'm hopeful that we will be closer to normal by the end of the year, but I know that is wishful thinking.
We ordered our 45 OPP February 8th. It was originally scheduled to be completed on June 14th. Then rescheduled for June 20th, then July 5th, then July 8th, now I'm hearing July 15th. We were told the first week of June that they were waiting on "seats and solar charger". The wait is starting to wear on us. We have a huge trip planned first week of September and was hoping to do that in the new coach. Have you gotten any additional info on the delivery of your coach?
wheadlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 08:20 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheadlee View Post
We ordered our 45 OPP February 8th. It was originally scheduled to be completed on June 14th. Then rescheduled for June 20th, then July 5th, then July 8th, now I'm hearing July 15th. We were told the first week of June that they were waiting on "seats and solar charger". The wait is starting to wear on us. We have a huge trip planned first week of September and was hoping to do that in the new coach. Have you gotten any additional info on the delivery of your coach?
I communicated with Effie Johnson on Tuesday. She confirmed that our unit is fully completed and will be dispatched out when the plant returns to work on Monday the 12th. We had already pushed out our pick-up date with our dealer to July 22. This will give them plenty of time to prep the unit for our PDI.

We had to cancel the plans we had for July, but we are excited to finally take ownership. Also, we are looking forward to multiple trips through the fall, starting with Hearthside Grove Lake Erie for Labor Day weekend. Can’t wait!!
Old 07-09-2021, 08:25 AM   #10

The def head probably wouldn't make it to the delivery destination anyway :(
Mr Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 05:31 PM   #11

We picked our Phaeton 40IH up late last November. Our sofa cushions were puckering so I was told to have parts order new Villa cushions on warranty. They placed the order but told me Villa wasn’t accepting new orders until September. I don’t think I’ll get my replacement cushions until next year.
Old 07-13-2021, 03:46 PM   #12

Kind of curious who future furniture will be sourced from, since FlexSteel has said they are leaving the RV business. Wonder if that is part of the problem?
HighDesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 12:24 AM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
i need a MACH 8 A/c. there are none available for 6-10 weeks!
KingCruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 06:53 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikervet View Post
Biggest problem is not enough workers due to the fact people are making more money sitting at home right now.
Most states have stopped the federal unemployment aid. tell them to pay their employees more. I wonder how many of their employees can actually afford one of the Rv's they build..
inthepines is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furniture, tiffin