Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2016, 03:46 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Network

I tried to check out some brands with the eventual idea of buying a Class A and many reviews on here seem delighted with Tiffin.

When I tried to go on the Tiffin Owner Forum, I was inundated with a form that asked my rig, my address, phone number, too much info just to browse. In addition, lying is not in my nature, I just don't give out that information lightly.

If they are that restrictive, why would I buy one of those?

1993 Pace Arrow Diesel Allison 6 spd
Cummins 8.3C Oshkosh M chassis
2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2017 EZ-Go Golf Cart
miwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2016, 03:59 AM   #2

I know a lot of people like that forum, but irv2 seems more user friendly to me. Dave
Old 01-17-2016, 06:10 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
TRVN is not restrictive to just Tiffin Motorhomes. If you currently have another brand, go ahead and type it in. If not, type in something like "just shopping". When I first joined TRVN, I was in the same position as you are - just was looking for info. I went through the registration process and have been happy with the information I have learned there. The data collected, BTW, is secure.

I've owned two Tiffin coaches and TRVN was the reason I settled on Tiffin in the first place. TRVN might be the single most useful motorhome resource I've seen.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 04:17 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvlabs View Post
TRVN is not restrictive to just Tiffin Motorhomes.

TRVN might be the single most useful motorhome resource I've seen.

+1, definitely best source of Tiffin info.

The registration process may help reduce garbage posts without requiring excessive moderator activity.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 09:13 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by miwok View Post
... I was inundated with a form that asked my rig, my address, phone number, too much info just to browse....
i just check the form: not all of the fields are not mandatory that you have to put in information

just thought this was important to add to any discussion :-)

cheers,
pdq
Old 01-18-2016, 09:56 AM   #6
HGC

Owners forum

The Tiffin owners are like a family that if you don't agree with them you are no longer one of them (for the most part). I own a Tiffin 36LA and have less than a good experience with it. Those Tiffin owners that have had great experiences will invariably dis those who complain about poor assembly and QC. So don't let the Tiffin Network scare you off. They (Tiffin) can make a good motorhome, so does Newmar and Fleetwood. Sometimes even Thor. Like Bob Tiffin said "all MHs have problems". No matter how much you spend, you will be fixing it whether old or new. So get handy and read the forums to head of unwanted problems. IMHO.
HGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 10:12 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HGC View Post
The Tiffin owners are like a family that if you don't agree with them you are no longer one of them (for the most part). I own a Tiffin 36LA and have less than a good experience with it. Those Tiffin owners that have had great experiences will invariably dis those who complain about poor assembly and QC. So don't let the Tiffin Network scare you off. They (Tiffin) can make a good motorhome, so does Newmar and Fleetwood. Sometimes even Thor. Like Bob Tiffin said "all MHs have problems". No matter how much you spend, you will be fixing it whether old or new. So get handy and read the forums to head of unwanted problems. IMHO.

X 2 I find the Tiffin owners network to be very cliquish and condescending to anyone with a different view point than the inner circle that run the website. If you are not one of the chosen few then your questions go ignored, or you receive off handed comments that have nothing to do with the question you asked.
Old 01-18-2016, 10:53 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllkrob View Post
X 2 I find the Tiffin owners network to be very cliquish and condescending to anyone with a different view point than the inner circle that run the website. If you are not one of the chosen few then your questions go ignored, or you receive off handed comments that have nothing to do with the question you asked.
That is the opposite from what I have experienced. I joined before we took possession of our Tiffin and have never had one of my questions go unanswered.
I have the found the information I received from that site quite helpful...belonging to several RV sites, I found that all have their malcontents and know it alls, even this forum
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 01:08 PM   #9

I have never owned a Tiffin, however I very much enjoy being a member of the TRVN.
Old 01-18-2016, 05:00 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have been a member and active with irv2 for quite awhile. A fantastic forum.

Recently bought a Tiffin Phaeton so have joined the Tiffin Network as there is a huge amount of brand specific knowledge there. Lots of newbie and basic questions I have posed there. Every one promptly responded and knowledgeably so by multiple folks.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 01:36 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thank you all, very informative. I have spent my work career around all types of people, and get along. If they are looking for new customers, I might be one. Thanks for the hints signing in, will try them. So many questions!

1993 Pace Arrow Diesel Allison 6 spd
Cummins 8.3C Oshkosh M chassis
2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2017 EZ-Go Golf Cart
miwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 08:22 AM   #12

I joined the Tiffin Network when shopping for a used motorhome (eventually bought a 2011 Phaeton) and continue to be a member. I've had a good experience and all my questions have been addressed (even though in retrospect, some questions were very naive).
wesjohnsonjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 08:57 AM   #13

When I switched from a Thor to a Tiffin I found TRVN and have had nothing but positive experiences since. Everyone seems very helpful. Even to a newbie like myself.
tholtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 10:02 AM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Never had an issue on either forum.

What is very helpful though, is to make sure you are specific with the year and model that any question is in reference to. There can be many differences amongst them. Gassers have differences compared to diesels. The diesels can have feature differences between the Breeze, the Reds, the Phaeton's, and the Busses. And then there are changes in any model line over the years.

The more specifics you can describe, the more relevant and applicable the answer will be.
Kiawah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tiffin