Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-24-2016, 06:24 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Tiffin Parts Department

Congrats to the Tiffin parts department. My 2014 LA36 Open Road is still under warranty. I had a problem with the Night Shade Motor. They have sent me a new switch and a new motor at no cost to me and with no questions asked. All done through emails and UPS shipping. I am a Happy camper with my Tiffin MH.

Please remember 99% of your Tiffin problems are with the manufacturers they use in their product. i.e. Tiffin did not make the night shade or it's motor or switch but they willingly replaced it under warranty.
flywithcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2016, 08:02 AM   #2

Similar experience with a different problem. The people at Tiffin are absolutely great.
kalynzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 12:57 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Compared with the service I got from Winnebago a few years ago, these folks walk on water
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 05:52 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flywithcoop View Post
Congrats to the Tiffin parts department. My 2014 LA36 Open Road is still under warranty. I had a problem with the Night Shade Motor. They have sent me a new switch and a new motor at no cost to me and with no questions asked. All done through emails and UPS shipping. I am a Happy camper with my Tiffin MH.

Please remember 99% of your Tiffin problems are with the manufacturers they use in their product. i.e. Tiffin did not make the night shade or it's motor or switch but they willingly replaced it under warranty.
You are 100% correct about how great that the Tiffins parts department folks are. But in my case 99% of my problems came from poor QC. Don Boyd helped me through most of them. Overall I am satisfied with our Tiffin but I know with a little more attention to detail that I would be a lot happier. Most of what I had to deal with should have never left the factory.
dabrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 03:37 PM   #5

I totally agree with the great comments regarding the Tiffin Parts Department. We just purchased a 2005 Allegro 35TSA with a floor plan we like and for it's age was in pretty good shape but needed some repairs and replacement parts. I looked on the internet for an after market shower skylight first then I called Tiffin Parts Department hoping just to find a replacement but not only found a replacement it was much more affordable. What I didn't really expect but received was a very friendly person eager to help and shipped it out right away. I found a similar experience with the closest Workhorse Service Center with recalls that had not been performed. What a pleasant surprise,
Catch14me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 12:45 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Tiffin ownership

I've had a ton of problems with our 2015 Allegro RED and still have several problems left to be fixed. The folks have all been good people but so far every time I get my camper back something else is screwed up that wasn't broke when I took it in. Go figure. I'll keep taking it in and hopefully get these problems resolved. I hope I can post a new message later giving them praise for making my purchase worth while.

2014 Allegro RED 37PA
2014 Ford Edge
tomwall777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 01:44 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Our coach came with a clothes hamper in the bedroom, (does anyone use that?). I am in the process of removing it and installing shelves in the space. I am utilizing the original door and adding hinges. I need to wait until it stops raining to finish the install. I called Tiffin parts and asked for a pair of hinges to add to the door. They sent them to me for "no charge" Now they will match the rest of the coach, if anyone looks. Love Tiffin! Now I have to move on to make new bedroom drawer boxes so they will be deeper. Still can't figure that one out.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
FMCA #341229
JacknKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 07:42 PM   #8

Tiffin Parts Department

Oops, wrong spot....
Lonni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 03:48 PM   #9

Laundry draw

I in fact have two one in the full bath and one in the bedroom. I would be great if you could post some pictures of the project and please send us some of that rain to Florida we need it
Dave
Budski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 07:45 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Posting my pictures of the Hamper conversion.
Hamper as built originally.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1458438215.849329.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	121807

New storage space
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1458438271.152344.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	121808

I put the door on after I took the picture, but it's the same door in the first picture.

Jack

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
FMCA #341229
Old 03-20-2016, 07:11 AM   #11

Great Pics it looks like your a master carpenter, great job
Dave
Budski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 01:15 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budski View Post
Great Pics it looks like your a master carpenter, great job

Dave

Not really a master, but thanks. This one was relatively easy. Having wood working tools makes a huge difference.

Jack
FMCA #341229
Old 03-21-2016, 05:49 AM   #13

We use our hamper. Nice shelf thoughm

Tags
parts, tiffin