Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-08-2021, 06:23 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Tiffin Parts Dept

Just wondering I have a window on order at Tiffin since last Wednesday. Called this morning and they can’t tell me for sure when it will be shipped. They say they’re at least a week behind can anyone tell me if that’s true or what’s going on there?
Bill2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2021, 07:26 AM   #2

Yes, a part I ordered 2 weeks ago took a week to actually ship. Once it shipped, they sent me a FedEx Ground tracking number. Good luck.
Paul R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 07:32 AM   #3
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
It's not unusual for special items like windows to be delayed. Unless it's a very new model they may have to have the window special made as they don't stock all parts like that.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 06:33 PM   #4

They are running much more slowly than usual. It took an entire week for an in-stock part to get shipped (ordered 6/1, just shipped today). I started to research a direct order from the manufacturer (which would have cost more), only to find out their lead time is currently 10 days; so, I guess Tiffin isn't doing that badly after all...
n2zon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 06:47 PM   #5

Tiffin Parts Dept

Also, something like a window will likely have a special wood shipping crate made for it as well.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 05:11 AM   #6

I ordered a part from Tiffin parts store and was told that shipping was about 2 days behind. Shipping is out of my control, so I don't worry about it. If I needed the part faster, I would have searched for other sources.

Karen & Allen Van Zandt
txcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 10:34 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LOL.... i think people forget that Tiffin is a very busy place !!!
Old 06-09-2021, 01:36 PM   #8

I ordered some in stock LED bulbs and it took over a week before they were shipped.

Our bedroom slide is inoperable and the repair place has been waiting several weeks for Tiffin to ship the necessary parts.

Maybe they had a mass exodus of employees after Thor took over.
Donskiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 02:57 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just ordered a pax side wheel hub cover with lago, they said that they were out and hope to have some before too long.
Old 06-09-2021, 04:20 PM   #10

Just ordered a slide switch with today, so will be curious as to when I get shipping details for USPS on priority mail.
HighDesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 04:36 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm sitting at Tiffin right now getting work done on our coach. The Parts Store is not bare but out of a lot of what we think would be common parts. There are three people working in the store and two of them are constantly answering phones. Not a lot of "chit chat" going on. Several spare part items I had hoped to pick up are out of stock. Lots of empty parts bins. That said, I was told they are trying to locate additional manufacturers for many parts to meet customers needs/demand.

Spoke to a service bay tech today who said they've lost a lot of experienced techs due to the slow/shut down over Covid. Even office staff have left for higher wages and more hours. I didn't see a lot of unnecessary BS'ing going on in the service bays during work hours. Over all, I'd say the folks here at Tiffin are working hard and earning every dime trying to meet customer expectations and demand. As expected, every employee I've spoken to is polite, helpful and more than willing to help solve problems and answer your questions. Tiffin Customer Service continues to be First Rate!!!
ValionRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 07:52 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValionRV View Post
I'm sitting at Tiffin right now getting work done on our coach. The Parts Store is not bare but out of a lot of what we think would be common parts. There are three people working in the store and two of them are constantly answering phones. Not a lot of "chit chat" going on. Several spare part items I had hoped to pick up are out of stock. Lots of empty parts bins. That said, I was told they are trying to locate additional manufacturers for many parts to meet customers needs/demand.

Spoke to a service bay tech today who said they've lost a lot of experienced techs due to the slow/shut down over Covid. Even office staff have left for higher wages and more hours. I didn't see a lot of unnecessary BS'ing going on in the service bays during work hours. Over all, I'd say the folks here at Tiffin are working hard and earning every dime trying to meet customer expectations and demand. As expected, every employee I've spoken to is polite, helpful and more than willing to help solve problems and answer your questions. Tiffin Customer Service continues to be First Rate!!!
Excellent and informative response from someone actually in the swimming pool.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 08:51 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just wanted to say thank you for everyone that replied to this message. I did get notice today that my part has finally shipped.
Bill2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 06:00 AM   #14

Red bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValionRV View Post

Did you have to wait long for your turn for service? Were you able to stay at the Tiffin camp area? I'm heading that way in July. Heard the service center will be closed the week of the fifth for vacation. Thanks
jkroboth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tiffin