Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2021, 07:13 AM   #1

Tiffin Prices going crazy

We are currently shopping for a Tiffin Bus and as we price the rigs we like, the prices are going up as high as $50,000 more within weeks. It seems to me that the current supply and demand system of pricing is at a point where all involved are taking advantage of the consumer. The manufacturers are raising their prices to what appears to be a disproportional level and the dealers are following suit by giving significantly lower discounts. At the same hand, they offer rock bottom prices for trade-ins, and sell them for unusually high margins. I hope that other consumers experiencing this, are letting the dealers know how we feel about this and that things will shift in the supply and demand balance if they continue. I for one, am at that point of abandoning our prospective purchase due to their greed. If you feel the same, please voice your opinion, and if you disagree, please let us know why.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2021, 07:19 AM   #2

It’s simple economics, supply and demand. As long as demand is high, prices will be higher and discounts will be lower.

As far as the trade, sell it yourself.
Massparanoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 07:29 AM   #3

Why would you want to take retribution against businesses trying to maximize their profits? Those same businesses went through some very lean times a few years ago. Many didn’t survive. So is that greed? Gordon Gecko wouldn’t think so.

Please don’t take that as snarky. I agree with you, but that’s how capitalism works. I wouldn’t be a buyer for the next year or so.
Old 07-29-2021, 07:31 AM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bepar108 View Post
We are currently shopping for a Tiffin Bus and as we price the rigs we like, the prices are going up as high as $50,000 more within weeks. It seems to me that the current supply and demand system of pricing is at a point where all involved are taking advantage of the consumer. The manufacturers are raising their prices to what appears to be a disproportional level and the dealers are following suit by giving significantly lower discounts. At the same hand, they offer rock bottom prices for trade-ins, and sell them for unusually high margins. I hope that other consumers experiencing this, are letting the dealers know how we feel about this and that things will shift in the supply and demand balance if they continue. I for one, am at that point of abandoning our prospective purchase due to their greed. If you feel the same, please voice your opinion, and if you disagree, please let us know why.
Weightlessness has it's costs. Think about it!!!
Old 07-29-2021, 07:41 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
If you are a business or a manufacture, it takes XXX number of sales to pay the overhead and keep the doors open. If you do not have XXX units to sell, but do have XX units, then those prices have to be raised to cover the cost to stay in business. It is basic economics.

One of two things happen, people will pay the price to enjoy the product, or the business will close their doors as they cannot cover cost. In 2008 many of the RV manufactures closed their doors, there were no buyers. Today it is the opposite, more buyers than parts available to build the product.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 08:05 AM   #6

I'm sure maximizing profits are part of the equation, but material and workforce shortages are driving prices too. Look at lumber. I think it went up 4X over the last 18 months or so. It's just now starting to come back down. Another thing is probably them looking out for the results of market saturation. People who may have been planning to buy an RV in the 2 to 5 years ended up jumping in now, and that demand won't be there over the next few years. So it may be lean times ahead for the manufacturers. Who knows?

I suppose we could always ask the government to step in and control cost and production. But then none of us would have the money to RV with.
jondrew55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 08:27 AM   #7

We are trading in our 2018 Tiffin Phaeton 40 IH next week as we are going back to a fifth wheel , with that big of a price jump seems buying used is becoming a better option if you want a Tiffin.

We ordered our Riverstone back in mid march @ 2021 build specs but we had the option to build out at 2022 build specs , but after seeing the proposed price hike of 5% and the lack of any significant upgrades we chose to stay with the 2021 as our price was already locked in , Our Riverstone went online June 14th , then on to paint with a stop to MoRyde for the IS suspension and back to RS for final finish , hoping for it to show up at the dealer Aug 1st .
All RV prices have gone up with the 2022 models
Old 07-29-2021, 09:27 AM   #8
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
If ya think new prices are high, try used. I'd bet dime to a dollar, my 2018 Phaeton sold (this past March) for at or very close to what was paid for it in 2019 when we bought it. It didn't even get listed on the dealer's website, it was snatched up that fast.
There is great need for a sarcasm font.
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 11:08 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
If ya think new prices are high, try used. I'd bet dime to a dollar, my 2018 Phaeton sold (this past March) for at or very close to what was paid for it in 2019 when we bought it. It didn't even get listed on the dealer's website, it was snatched up that fast.
Prices may be higher for used but atleast you can find one , There has to be a ton of almost completed coaches sitting in Red Bay waiting for parts to finish
Old 07-29-2021, 11:09 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Massparanoia View Post
It’s simple economics, supply and demand. As long as demand is high, prices will be higher and discounts will be lower.

As far as the trade, sell it yourself.
Old 07-29-2021, 11:23 AM   #11

Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by bepar108 View Post
You can NOW ask a very high price for your current Tiffin and get it. I sold my Tiffin 32SA for $30K more than Tiffin was offering me on a trade in. The way to do it is find a Tiffin dealer that will give you a fair price on a BRAND NEW coach. I suggest Sherman, Kings RV, or Stoltzfus. Cut your best deal. Order a new 2022 Tiffin Bus. You can get a better price buying new than on a used BUS in this environment.

PAM
pameridan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 11:35 AM   #12

Alpine Owners Club
Have you seen the price of materials lately?
It's not just Tiffin. Price a new fridge, washer, dryer etc...
Our US dollar is shrinking at an alarming rate. Many European countries won't even accept US currency anymore.
2000 Alpine 36 FDS #74058
04 Jeep Wrangler TJ
"On the road to find out..."
Alpine36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 11:37 AM   #13

Country Coach Owners Club
Express your disgust with your dollars. An RV is a want, not a need.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
Gillig Bus Chassis
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 11:53 AM   #14

They’re telling us that the current inflation environment is…(wait for it)

“Transitory”
- Existing or lasting only a short time; short-lived or temporary
- Passing without continuing; lasting only a short time; unstable and fleeting; speedily vanishing
- Occurring or done in passing; cursory

Ya, right

Tags
tiffin