RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-07-2018, 07:06 PM   #1

Tiffin Pricing

Our road buddies are looking to replace 5th wheel with new Tiffin Open Road. I have read several posts in the past on several dealers near Red Bay that had good pricing and service near Red Bay. They would like shop while waiting for our coach to be serviced.

Thank you.l

Concord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2018, 07:39 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concord1 View Post
Our road buddies are looking to replace 5th wheel with new Tiffin Open Road. I have read several posts in the past on several dealers near Red Bay that had good pricing and service near Red Bay. They would like shop while waiting for our coach to be serviced.

Thank you.l
assuming you are looking for dealer names. Sherman, in Sherman, MS just below Tupelo and Bankston in Huntsville, AL come to mind. Also Memphis has Davis Motorhome mart.

edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 06:03 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
The big three are Sherman, Davis and Ingram. All will get you 28-30% off MSRP. All are close to Red Bay (Sherman, where bought ours, is the closest). Red Bay can do all services, either at Tiffin or one of the many other shops in town that work basically on Tiffin
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 06:38 AM   #4

vote for sherman

i ordered and bought through sherman...west of red bay in ms. the deal was great, but equally important to me. (i was tired... very tired of all the baloney that i found trying to get info and prices from other dealers) carol, management, john, service dept. FI, etc. were all top drawer and straight forward. and dealt with us in a clearly spoken, honest, manner. followed by a very thorough inspection by the dealer process, and very thorough walkthrough procedure... many buy elsewhere and immediately head for red bay for corrections... not us... everything is fine...
example. john, during the walkthrough was explaining the water heater.. stopped.. pointed out something wrong (which i didn't understand !) left and came back in a few minutes with a new part.. installed it.. and explained that the "widget didn't abc when it was supposed to. it wagged, but watch, see now the widget is abcing. this part was faulty, but it was hard to tell until you did the certain procedure... hmm... apology sir, i really should have caught this before you got here. now it is o.k.!)

yep... there is high value getting sherman to deliver your coach, whatever you pay!
rockriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 03:57 AM   #5

We live in Huntsville and do all of our RV dealings with Sherman. Well worth the two hour drive, and definately more people friendly. We stay clear of Bankston.
Old 08-21-2018, 08:07 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to MarkandJodie Send a message via MSN to MarkandJodie Send a message via Yahoo to MarkandJodie
Sherman X2

Everything good you read about Sherman is pretty much true. Easy to deal with, honest and friendly.

I wasn't there for it, but I believe it when they say that their PDI is as complete as any out there. We found next to no issues when we picked up our Phaeton.

I believe their owner orientation is better than anywhere else. John spent three hours in the morning and three in the afternoon with us going over all the systems. He found a setting on our Spyder system that was not correct and fixed it on the spot. A couple of other minor issues we found were fixed the following morning. We had friends purchase a bus from a dealer here in Florida who assured them they would show them how everything worked and answer all their questions. Their walk thru lasted about 30 minutes before the sales guy "had to leave". Ouch.

They have about four full hookups for you to stay your first night or two. We had a neighbor that was having them install every mod imaginable on their new bus, including full plumbing bay replumb. And if you need any more custom work, Red Bay is only about an hour away. We took ours straight to Nickols customs for floormats and Bay Diesel for AF-1 coach unit install before we headed back home.

They might not be perfect, but they are about as close as you will get in the RV world.
MarkandJodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 07:23 PM   #7

We just ordered a 2020 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 36UA at Bankston Rv in Huntsville. Gene, our salesperson, could not have been more helpful. We got 29% off of list without any drama. I will let you know how the pickup and delivery goes in a few months but got to see them deliver to another customer and he said he was very happy with the process.

Jeff
jk131313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 04:03 AM   #8

We picked up our 2020 Allegro Red 37BA from Ingram in December. Very good deal, great people, PDI was pretty thorough and we stayed on their lot for 2 nights. Very low stress event, Mr. and Mrs. Ingram are on the lot each day and very visible in all parts of the dealership.

Tags
tiffin