Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-31-2021, 05:25 PM   #1

Tiffin Pricing Discount

We are in the market for a Class A pusher. Looking at Newmar and Tiffins. What discount off MSRP should we expect from a Tiffin dealer?
rboozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2021, 05:40 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rboozer View Post
We are in the market for a Class A pusher. Looking at Newmar and Tiffins. What discount off MSRP should we expect from a Tiffin dealer?

Given today's sellers market and the fact that two of the three big discount Tiffin dealers recently sold out to less than stellar individuals you will be lucky to get much over 20% to 23%. Don't believe the people on here bragging about getting 30% to 35% they either didn't buy in today's market or they got a big discount off the dealer's inflated prices instead of the real factory MSRP.
Old 07-31-2021, 06:30 PM   #3

i bought from a big 3in 2020 got a 21 model delivered in mid july.. got 28% this was my second tiffin from that dealer...

i called them about 6 weeks ago and nice sales lady and i had a great discussion and she answered all my questions... then before i hung up, she let me know, "rock, i'm sure you already have heard that we will not be pricing your next rv the way the last 2 were prices." i asked what i could get if i ordered the diesel we were discussing... she would not give me a % just kept saying, "you know what we used to do... we are not doing those deals now... it will be on an individual rv basis... someone will give us a list of equipment and we will price it according to the managers guideline at that time.."

i haven't tried to order now. not ready to do so.. and not going to waste her time, try your local dealer then call carol at sherman... have your list of options ready. be polite. if someone has a smart alec, know it all attitude and thinks that they can shout and show out, that will not be productive.. they will find that the dealership may forget to call them back... they have small staff and have lots of incoming calls... they are selling all the units that tiffin will allow them to get... they don't mind if you go elsewhere... but i will go back if and when i decide to "move on up."
rockriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 07:24 PM   #4

Yup. I’m going to wait until the next inevitable economic crash to make a new purchase. Now is not the time.
Massparanoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 07:45 PM   #5

Check out the Tiffin website. They stopped posting MSRP about 2 weeks ago. Others manufactures are still posting their MSRP.
RVWandering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 08:41 PM   #6
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
I agree with lllkrob. It's still a seller's market & dealers are taking advantage of that by offering way less discounts than they used to. I'm in the market for a newer RV but will wait out these inflated prices.
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 10:52 PM   #7

I spoke to probably 15 tiffin deals. Sherman was sold out, Ingram was a joke, Davis was lowest price 27.1% off actual msrp on an open road in June of 2021. I believe they are sold out of all rigs now from what I heard on the forum. The next best deal I found was kings campers they were 25% off but I actually liked them a little better personally. Davis was closer for my plans and 3k savings was nice bonus.

I would say you will find 25-27 off with some searching. If you can’t get that, don’t buy.
Ebwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 02:37 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockriver View Post
i bought from a big 3in 2020 got a 21 model delivered in mid july.. got 28% this was my second tiffin from that dealer...

i called them about 6 weeks ago and nice sales lady and i had a great discussion and she answered all my questions... then before i hung up, she let me know, "rock, i'm sure you already have heard that we will not be pricing your next rv the way the last 2 were prices." i asked what i could get if i ordered the diesel we were discussing... she would not give me a % just kept saying, "you know what we used to do... we are not doing those deals now... it will be on an individual rv basis... someone will give us a list of equipment and we will price it according to the managers guideline at that time.."

i haven't tried to order now. not ready to do so.. and not going to waste her time, try your local dealer then call carol at sherman... have your list of options ready. be polite. if someone has a smart alec, know it all attitude and thinks that they can shout and show out, that will not be productive.. they will find that the dealership may forget to call them back... they have small staff and have lots of incoming calls... they are selling all the units that tiffin will allow them to get... they don't mind if you go elsewhere... but i will go back if and when i decide to "move on up."

I understand their idea but if I was a repeat customer x2, I would expect a ballpark number. If she cannot provide that, I would be straightforward and tell her regardless of the market, things change but you provide a repeat customer a ballpark figure- I won’t be ever buying from you guys again. When dealers forget their old
Customers during the good times, they are burning them during the bad times.
Old 08-01-2021, 06:39 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebwhite View Post
I understand their idea but if I was a repeat customer x2, I would expect a ballpark number. If she cannot provide that, I would be straightforward and tell her regardless of the market, things change but you provide a repeat customer a ballpark figure- I won’t be ever buying from you guys again. When dealers forget their old
Customers during the good times, they are burning them during the bad times.
Since we’re talking ballpark, does anyone remember what an average DP was going for, say a year ago, maybe 2 years before COVID and all this craziness. We’re looking at some 2019 Tiffin 37BA’s for around $230k and was wondering what they were going for before this crazy stuff started.
Country Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 10:54 PM   #10

175ish
Old 08-02-2021, 04:21 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Road View Post
Since we’re talking ballpark, does anyone remember what an average DP was going for, say a year ago, maybe 2 years before COVID and all this craziness. We’re looking at some 2019 Tiffin 37BA’s for around $230k and was wondering what they were going for before this crazy stuff started.
I bought (ordered) my new 2020 37BA for $214,000 (plus another $5k of after market items). We ordered in September 2019 and picked up in December 2019. We timed it just right, about 2-3 months before all the COV1D crazy stuff started happening.
boomersooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 10:48 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to jkorn
It’s interesting to hear comments from so many different perspectives.

-Oh that evil company is just trying to take advantage of me the poor consumer.

-our costs have gone up so much, we need to survive as a company and continue to become solvent.

These issues are very complex and anyone’s knee jerk over simplistic reaction is just that. These are difficult times for many companies and their customers. Dig deep before you raise a fist. I would guess the last thing Tiffin wants to do is isolate themselves from their customer base. Current or future. Just doesn’t make sense.

It is not us against them.

Jeff
jkorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 03:45 PM   #13

I have a 2017 Tiffin Phaeton looking to trade for a 21/22 phaeton and Red Bay had none and,would not discuss discounts. My 17 is still great.
resparry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 04:16 PM   #14

sherman

eb,
i understand your suggestion... and yes, i've bought from them twice and it was a great experience both times...
i have been at sherman several times.. ordering and picking up and just stopping by when visiting red bay...
they have 2 sales folks that do tiffins (the last info i have) carol and andy.
their phones are ringing off the hook...
i'm there with my checkbook trying to complete an order form, and there is no end of the constant calls... i told the salesperson to go ahead and answer... they would get on the phone and off as quickly as possible... and a number of times i could tell that the prospect was getting pushy.. by the sales persons reaction, i suspect mr. pushy never got a call back...
rockriver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tiffin