Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2021, 07:11 AM   #15
Fio

Quote:
Originally Posted by soarak View Post
The question is are they going to be fixing it the same way as they built it or will they actually try to do a quality job? Time will tell.
I've heard mostly good reports regarding the Service Center so I'm hoping. I wish I was retired so I could have been there during the work.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2021, 08:38 AM   #16

Tiffin quality

Fio,
I have the Dometic hot water heater. Hopefully it is the Thermal cut off. I have read that this is a problem. I have already had the board tested and was good. I have also read that Tiffin's service center is very good. Unfortunately someone in production allowed my slide to move on. Another case of not doing one's job, but what's new about that today?
mikervet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 11:29 PM   #17

We pickup our open road soon- At what point do you not pickup the new rig with all these paint and cosmetic issues on the cabinets until the dealer gets replacement items from the factory? Will tiffin in red bay repair them or replace doors that donít look good?

Iím my experiences, with 2k furniture or a 25k car, if things are not close to perfect, I donít take delivery. I donít see why a 150k rig would be any less picky. Nothing is perfect but with major imperfections, I wouldnít personally finish paying until the dealer fixes it or tiffin guarantees they will satisfy my complaints.
Ebwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 08:36 AM   #18

Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
New 2021 Tiffin 33 AA

ell we picked up new Tiffin 2021 Red 33AA on September 3rd, 2021 from Stoltzfus RV in West Chester PA. This is our second Tiffin we purchased from them. The guy who did the PDI was nice but he couldn't answer all my questions. I was in a hurry and would do the rest of it myself.

Our first coach from Stoltzfus was a brand new 2019 Open Road 32SA. After our maiden voyage to Florida and back with that coach we had a list of about 20 items that had to be fixed. Some, doors, mud flap, and the biggest was the front grill came loose. My dealer took care of that one and mud flap that fell off. We stopped in Red Bay on the way back home and they were great.

We are now on our maiden voyage for 6 days. I had my new 33AA for about nine days before the trip and have been testing everything I can think of. Now on our trip the test continue. My solar panels never have seemed to work correctly. I reset the system and all it showed was Standby on the remote viewer. But I did find a wire with green tape on the end not connected to something in the slide out storage bay?

But everything else seems to working great. There are a million things to try out. Major likes, heated floors, Spyder Controls, Washer & dryer, AC & heat, have two propane heat furnaces, all 4 TV's, especially the televator.

Testing and running slides, air breaks, HWH leveling systems, cabinets, fans, sinks, toilets, shower, stove, oven and more.

So far I have found the solar panels and the rubber molding on one slide has to be adjusted it is catching on the top. Plus one bay door has an excessive space near the upper hinge. Don't think they could adjust that because of paint lines.

But I am happy. I will probably have to take coach back to dealer for solar panel and rubber molding. I have about 1500 miles on coach so far.

Regards Jim P.
pameridan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 09:50 PM   #19

Put me in the camp where I'm extremely impressed with the overall quality. We picked up our 2021 45OPP on July 22nd. In the past 2 months we have racked up 2,000 miles during 4 different outings. Just got back this evening after tailgating for 2 nights at my son's college. We have a few minor issues to deal with. Today the motor for the retractable 50A cord stopped working. One of our bedroom Spyder panels went out as well. I'll make a few calls tomorrow to get these taken care of. All major systems have been working great. Fit and finish for our linen colored cabinetry is fantastic.

I knew going in that this would be an on-going project. But I also knew that Tiffin knows how to take care of their customers. Case in point, we had 3 non-working LEDs on the Girard awning. The dealer reached out to Tiffin and I now have a full string of LED's to put in its place. Easy.

I also think the delivering dealer has a lot to do with the overall quality. I give much of the credit to the crew at King's Campers in WI. Yes, they were 600 miles from my home, but their preparation and the day and a half of training they provided made it worth the trip.
Jmo1516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 12:13 AM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by soarak View Post
I hear so much about quality issues with new RVs, in general not Tiffin specific. I will be picking up a new unit at the end of October and I must say I am worried. The extremely low unemployment rate in Indiana and in Red Bay, AL is a big issue for the manufacturers. I would like to hear from you if you picked up a new unit in the last 3-4 months. Please either reply here or send me a private message. I am not sure I would order a new unit now if I did not have an order in place already.
I would be careful I have a beautiful rig but issues were not addressed during pick up. I actually have it in shop and parts hard to come by. Called Tiffen and they sent me straight to Mr Bob and his assistant called me back. I am hoping parts can come off the line instead of having to wait on suppliers. Waiting for her call back. We were supposed to be in California right now soo. Also I have no footrest on my passenger chair? Someone said I could have 2 drivers chairs 😂 I didnít say anything because honestly my seat belt didnít work. Good luck. New at this site so have patience. We had an eleven year old Georgetown 37ft bought new and never a problem. I thought I was moving on up. Love the ride and very comfortable just sensors not working, TV not relaying to Satellite set up dish but canít get past number 6 download. Recliner not working, microwave never worked so they put in a different style and it rattles bad. Oh I donít want to complain life is good otherwise. Stay healthy enjoy 😊
Robin-lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 07:30 AM   #21

Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin-lee View Post
I would be careful I have a beautiful rig but issues were not addressed during pick up. I actually have it in shop and parts hard to come by. Called Tiffen and they sent me straight to Mr Bob and his assistant called me back. I am hoping parts can come off the line instead of having to wait on suppliers. Waiting for her call back. We were supposed to be in California right now soo. Also I have no footrest on my passenger chair? Someone said I could have 2 drivers chairs 😂 I didnít say anything because honestly my seat belt didnít work. Good luck. New at this site so have patience. We had an eleven year old Georgetown 37ft bought new and never a problem. I thought I was moving on up. Love the ride and very comfortable just sensors not working, TV not relaying to Satellite set up dish but canít get past number 6 download. Recliner not working, microwave never worked so they put in a different style and it rattles bad. Oh I donít want to complain life is good otherwise. Stay healthy enjoy 😊
What year and model Tiffin do you have? Who was your dealer that you purchased from?

Jim P.
pameridan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 08:04 AM   #22

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin-lee View Post
Yeah, I know what you meanÖthey mounted the tires on the roof and I went 10 miles down road before I realized that I was driving upside down. Those silly people at PiffenÖerr Tiffen
RichdlP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 05:38 PM   #23

Tiffin Owners Club
In short, picked up a new 2021 32SA six months ago. The build took quote a bit longer due to COVID. We took delivery, and first trip out we compiled a list containing 19 items. Brought it back to the dealer and solved all but a few, after 5 weeks or so in the shop (they had it more than we did at that point). This is our third, new RV and first Tiffin. The Tiffin Tech spt has been good, but I truly expected better un terms of overall quality. Wait lines for tech spt seems to be getting longer. Having said, still sold on Tiffin - we love it even with a few lingering issues!
Phillips66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 05:49 PM   #24

Tiffin Owners Club
The REAL problem with quality lies with the production and delivery SYSTEM. Tiffin (and all manufacturers I suppose) rely on their dealers to clean up the mess they deliver to the customer. Fact is, the dealers don't have the numbers or the talent in their shops to do the job right.

These new rigs today are a huge investment. They should never be sent off to the dealers for prep and delivery like they are today. Every rig should undergo final inspection in Red Bay, with the owner and/or his representative involved on site, and all squawks worked off before the bus leaves the factory. Actual title delivery takes place after that inspection process is complete. The factory has a dedicated team to work off all the issues, the rig does not go into the backlog at the Service Center. It is done right at the factory.

I spent nearly 35 years selling business jet aircraft. Every sale was delivered at the manufacturing facility after passing a process generally the same as described above. That process works. Does it take extra manpower, time, and talent? Of course. The customer understands that and is always willing to pay a high price for quality. He does not want to pay any price for post delivery problems and aggravation. Tiffin (Thor) needs to evaluate that system, establish the procedures, and set a standard above the rest of the now crowded industry.
Larrikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 01:26 AM   #25

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrikin View Post
The REAL problem with quality lies with the production and delivery SYSTEM. Tiffin (and all manufacturers I suppose) rely on their dealers to clean up the mess they deliver to the customer. Fact is, the dealers don't have the numbers or the talent in their shops to do the job right.

These new rigs today are a huge investment. They should never be sent off to the dealers for prep and delivery like they are today. Every rig should undergo final inspection in Red Bay, with the owner and/or his representative involved on site, and all squawks worked off before the bus leaves the factory. Actual title delivery takes place after that inspection process is complete. The factory has a dedicated team to work off all the issues, the rig does not go into the backlog at the Service Center. It is done right at the factory.

I spent nearly 35 years selling business jet aircraft. Every sale was delivered at the manufacturing facility after passing a process generally the same as described above. That process works. Does it take extra manpower, time, and talent? Of course. The customer understands that and is always willing to pay a high price for quality. He does not want to pay any price for post delivery problems and aggravation. Tiffin (Thor) needs to evaluate that system, establish the procedures, and set a standard above the rest of the now crowded industry.
Absolutely correct, I sold Centrex and Internet pipes to Government and I followed along the entire process from engineering to building the bid then implementing installation. My rig is still in shop and no call back from Tiffin. I am truly disappointed. Drove from Ct to Fl to dealer and they insisted on full payment prior to final inspection and delivery. Had cash wire transfer from a well known brokerage house. I would have more leverage if mortgage was taken. Our dream of floating over the western mtns is fading with each week going by. We need to be in CT for Christmas. Say a prayer for me or any ideas appreciated Thank You!
Old 09-22-2021, 01:31 AM   #26

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillips66 View Post
In short, picked up a new 2021 32SA six months ago. The build took quote a bit longer due to COVID. We took delivery, and first trip out we compiled a list containing 19 items. Brought it back to the dealer and solved all but a few, after 5 weeks or so in the shop (they had it more than we did at that point). This is our third, new RV and first Tiffin. The Tiffin Tech spt has been good, but I truly expected better un terms of overall quality. Wait lines for tech spt seems to be getting longer. Having said, still sold on Tiffin - we love it even with a few lingering issues!
Thank you this gives me hope. Love the floor plan, washer/dryer and the ride is amazing. Enjoy! 😊
Old 09-22-2021, 01:36 AM   #27

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebwhite View Post
We pickup our open road soon- At what point do you not pickup the new rig with all these paint and cosmetic issues on the cabinets until the dealer gets replacement items from the factory? Will tiffin in red bay repair them or replace doors that donít look good?

Iím my experiences, with 2k furniture or a 25k car, if things are not close to perfect, I donít take delivery. I donít see why a 150k rig would be any less picky. Nothing is perfect but with major imperfections, I wouldnít personally finish paying until the dealer fixes it or tiffin guarantees they will satisfy my complaints.
I agree but Lazy Days told us rig is paid for first, I have built homes and held off final payment until CO issued. I think itís unfair business practice.
Old 09-22-2021, 01:39 AM   #28

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pameridan04 View Post
What year and model Tiffin do you have? Who was your dealer that you purchased from?

Jim P.
Brand new 2021 38LL Alegro Red, Lazy Days in Tampa area we came down from CT.

Tags
quality, tiffin