Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-22-2021, 06:57 AM   #29

Tiffin Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Wow! after reading these it sounds like Tiffin has gone down hill. Ours is 2017 and had a few issues (including the dreaded DEF) but nothing like these. The worst interior issue is the kitchen ceramic tile panel breaking loose from the side wall. No one up here to fix it and traveling three days to Red Bay is not a good option so I ended up repairing it myself. Our other issues are the factory installed the refrigerator and broke off the ice maker line and left it that way. To make sure there was no leak they simply left the valve shut off..... Imagine my surprised when I turned on the water valve.. Also had one USB wall outlet not working and apparently never connected. We will just live with these defects as this is most likely our last coach. I don't like reading that poor quality is becoming accepted as the norm. Sad to see. My last coach was a Winnebago and had no issues from day one. Of course that was made when manufacturers cared about delivering a quality product.
michealwhela is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2021, 12:26 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin-lee View Post
Brand new 2021 38LL Alegro Red, Lazy Days in Tampa area we came down from CT.
Unfortunately there are too many buyers so if one does not want to pay before inspection then the dealer is most likely going to sell the rig to another person. One day it will all change. If I did not have an order in place I would have probably let go buying and wait a couple of years since I am not in a rush and I am not looking for a project. On the other hand the inflation is just crazy so the prices are going to continue going up, especially with the $3.5T spending that some want to push through that will only add to the problem. So maybe paying for the fixes myself make sense, whatever they might be. Terrible times.
soarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 12:29 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by michealwhela View Post
Wow! after reading these it sounds like Tiffin has gone down hill. Ours is 2017 and had a few issues (including the dreaded DEF) but nothing like these. The worst interior issue is the kitchen ceramic tile panel breaking loose from the side wall. No one up here to fix it and traveling three days to Red Bay is not a good option so I ended up repairing it myself. Our other issues are the factory installed the refrigerator and broke off the ice maker line and left it that way. To make sure there was no leak they simply left the valve shut off..... Imagine my surprised when I turned on the water valve.. Also had one USB wall outlet not working and apparently never connected. We will just live with these defects as this is most likely our last coach. I don't like reading that poor quality is becoming accepted as the norm. Sad to see. My last coach was a Winnebago and had no issues from day one. Of course that was made when manufacturers cared about delivering a quality product.
Mike my prior motorhome was Winnibego made in 2012, 1 issue only relate to the stove, but nothing on the motorhome. Looking at the production line of Winnibego one can expect much better quality of assembly but for example their storage compartments rust quickly due to poor quality of materials, not sure what Tiffin will be.
soarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 07:50 PM   #32

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by soarak View Post
Unfortunately there are too many buyers so if one does not want to pay before inspection then the dealer is most likely going to sell the rig to another person. One day it will all change. If I did not have an order in place I would have probably let go buying and wait a couple of years since I am not in a rush and I am not looking for a project. On the other hand the inflation is just crazy so the prices are going to continue going up, especially with the $3.5T spending that some want to push through that will only add to the problem. So maybe paying for the fixes myself make sense, whatever they might be. Terrible times.
When we purchased ours we put a deposit on it sight unseen. Seems like every one we were interested in we slept on it overnight and lost it due to someone else pulling the trigger before we did.
Ranger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 06:45 AM   #33

Tiffin Owners Club
Bought a new 2019 Red 340 33AL last year new from a dealer. Finally reached a point where I am satisfied. Huge adjustment on quality expectations from the beginning. Generally, if it is seen, all is good. Peek behind or underneath, poor workmanship IMO. Been to Red Bay twice. Cable bundles hanging and being supported by butt splice from a single wire. Equipment never even wired up at the factory. Wrong control boards installed for my AC's. Partial coating of angle iron supports underneath. Much of it never painted or dipped. Leaking rear main seal from Day 1 (Cummins - not Tiffin), 6 inch gaping crack in the shower fiberglass, multiple cracked trim that was installed anyway and filled in with wood filler (obvious), TV power antenna never worked, bedroom slide controller fail, cabinet bottom veneer sheet cracked upon installation and just screwed in anyway (it's obvious to make it fit, it was forced - cracked), portion of slide that screws to the body (the black edge) several screws kept coming out - Red Bay techs pointed out the wrong screws were used for the 3 that had the issue, multiple other minor issues with workmanship. Multiple other items.

Bottom line is I've adjusted my expectations and I am finally getting comfortable with it. Each time I start planning the future purchase of an upgraded DP, I cringe at the thought of going through this again. I finally have all of the big stuff worked out (that I am aware of). I too have become one of those Tiffin owners that defend Tiffin. It took a while to become the guy that says, "all new coaches are going to have issues. If you think Tiffin is bad, read up on the other brands." So I love my coach, I enjoy tinkering with it and doing the maintenance, and most of all I love using it. Like my friend, a fellow Tiffin owner reminds me, having Red Bay available to us is what makes the difference. It's not perfect, but they are there and they do always help me when I need them.
Part Timers-Looking Fwd to being Anytimers
thegats1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 02:10 PM   #34

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegats1 View Post
Bought a new 2019 Red 340 33AL last year new from a dealer. Finally reached a point where I am satisfied. Huge adjustment on quality expectations from the beginning. Generally, if it is seen, all is good. Peek behind or underneath, poor workmanship IMO. Been to Red Bay twice. Cable bundles hanging and being supported by butt splice from a single wire. Equipment never even wired up at the factory. Wrong control boards installed for my AC's. Partial coating of angle iron supports underneath. Much of it never painted or dipped. Leaking rear main seal from Day 1 (Cummins - not Tiffin), 6 inch gaping crack in the shower fiberglass, multiple cracked trim that was installed anyway and filled in with wood filler (obvious), TV power antenna never worked, bedroom slide controller fail, cabinet bottom veneer sheet cracked upon installation and just screwed in anyway (it's obvious to make it fit, it was forced - cracked), portion of slide that screws to the body (the black edge) several screws kept coming out - Red Bay techs pointed out the wrong screws were used for the 3 that had the issue, multiple other minor issues with workmanship. Multiple other items.

Bottom line is I've adjusted my expectations and I am finally getting comfortable with it. Each time I start planning the future purchase of an upgraded DP, I cringe at the thought of going through this again. I finally have all of the big stuff worked out (that I am aware of). I too have become one of those Tiffin owners that defend Tiffin. It took a while to become the guy that says, "all new coaches are going to have issues. If you think Tiffin is bad, read up on the other brands." So I love my coach, I enjoy tinkering with it and doing the maintenance, and most of all I love using it. Like my friend, a fellow Tiffin owner reminds me, having Red Bay available to us is what makes the difference. It's not perfect, but they are there and they do always help me when I need them.
I am thankful to red this, as I sit on my back deck beautiful day wishing I was in Cali as planned. Life is good so I am patient. I actually received an amazing call from Mr. Tiffin he left a VM yesterday and reached me today. I was more than impressed he has my loyalty. I will keep you updated. The rig is beautiful and hopefully issues will be repaired. We come from a generation of pleasers and now it’s the DO ME gang. Some people take less pride in workmanship. Mr Tiffin Thank You and I pray I am on the road again soon. ❤️
Robin-lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 02:20 PM   #35

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Smith View Post
When we purchased ours we put a deposit on it sight unseen. Seems like every one we were interested in we slept on it overnight and lost it due to someone else pulling the trigger before we did.
We had plans of buying another Georgetown we owned a 2011 we bought new. I saw the Tiffin quality and yes put a deposit and headed south. They had a few days as we drove down that it should have all been inspected I am not cheap an inspection fee not the issue. The rig is beautiful and ride is awesome hopefully enjoying it soon. We are home for Christmas never left the family before so long but they will manage �� Thank you!
Old 09-23-2021, 02:32 PM   #36

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by michealwhela View Post
I think everyone had a horrible year and it showed the overall quality I am very impressed with and would absolutely buy another Tiffin. Its a solid vehicle and rather sleep in it than any Hotel I have frequented. Enjoy safe travels! ��
Old 09-23-2021, 04:00 PM   #37

Texas Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
I do not own a Tiffin. I do a simple check that loosely relates to quality and/or performance of a MH. Look at what's for sale and the numbers of that Make and Model. I peruse RV Trader and other sites for Class A's and see two names more than any other; Thor Palazzo and Tiffin Alegro Red. There are more of them for sale than any other brands, that tells me people don't like them enough to keep them for long periods for some reason or another. Not scientific but it points me in a direction to gather additional data on those units.
OldracerJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 05:34 PM   #38

Reading all this just makes me feel better about buying pre owned DP's & let the original owners deal with all the recalls bugs & fixes headaches having to spent time at the factories for things that should of been done right in the first place. I bought a 1 owner '04 American Eagle 40J in Oct. 2011 with 12k on the clock. I looked over all the paperwork & some "back to factory recall & fixes at least 2 times" from it's home in South Dakota to Decatur, Ind. & some of other Spartan issues done at other local approved shops....A lot of pages of work but no Cummins 400 ISL issues. The coach current lt has 58K & I've not had 1 problem with it & everything works as it should. The exception is the Onan 7.5k genie where the stator went bad on it 2 years ago. I do my own P.M. on the entire coach to keep it out of as many hands as possible & know the works done right!
Just my 2 cents.
groveln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 06:15 PM   #39

We bought a new 2010 Tiffin 40QTH in Jan 2010 from Lazy Days Tampa. At that time there was a waiting list on getting a new Tiffin, we lucked out because the couple that wanted this one something happened and they could not make the deal. Our salesman stated that if we wanted it, put a deposit down now as they did not last long. and we did. We were there for 6 weeks getting things taken care of which didn't bother us as we were Crown Club members and getting free camp site and great food. From there we went to Key West for 2 months several things popped up and stopped back by ay LD and they repaired what they could. Some of the items that needed repaired Tiffin would not authorize it to be repaired by LS as it was to costly, they said I had to go to Red Bay. So off we went and we were there for around 2 weeks. For the first 2 years we were in Tiffin's campground more than we were on the road. Tiffin did take care of several things even after 5 years and did not charge us a thing. Would I buy another new Tiffin, absolutely not, we took a big hit when we sold, but we full timed for 12 years and were ready to come off the road.
retiredin93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 09:18 PM   #40

And Thor has got their greedy hands on Tiffin. No where but down from here. Proud owner of 2006 Tiffin Phaeton 40QSH and not upgrading to lesser quality- better known as CRAP.
plumber64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 10:21 AM   #41

I don't know about Tiffin but it's probably on the same Spartan chassis as my Aspire. So far it's been in the shop 7 weeks waiting for a minor part that Spartan can't supply!
Maytonr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 10:56 AM   #42

Just dropped my 21 red 38KA off this past Tuesday. 15 hour round trip from home that day, including stops and the time at red bay. 27 items on my list but none of them even remotely got in the way of enjoying the ccoach the last 30 days of camping. Bought mine used from original owner who ordered a phaeton. I have been very happy with my Tiffin and everyone at Red Bay was extremely nice and helpful. Only thing I would change is having Red Bay closer to home!
AlleRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quality, tiffin