Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2021, 09:59 AM   #43

My Red is on a freightliner custom chassis with the new all digital display. I have been extremely pleased with the cummins engine and freightliner chassis, they make driving the coach true bliss. I can get passed by a semi going 75-80 while I am doing 65 and I barely feel them, keeping about 4 fingers on the wheel relaxed is all that is required. In fact, when I dropped the coach then drove the jeep home last Tuesday, I enjoyed every minute of the drive down, hated every minute driving home!
AlleRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2021, 08:46 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrikin View Post

These new rigs today are a huge investment.
RV's are never an "investment"... they are a black hole with just enough intermittent positive reinforcement to help us rationalize the cost of ownership...

Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 12:27 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
RV's are never an "investment"... they are a black hole with just enough intermittent positive reinforcement to help us rationalize the cost of ownership...

They are an investment you just never expect monetary growth. I have owned boats and they arenít investments either. I love playing turtle around the country and I didnít borrow to do so. My husband and I worked hard and we play harder now 😂. Enjoy life but keep that stable roof over your head.
Robin-lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 12:37 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by groveln View Post
Reading all this just makes me feel better about buying pre owned DP's & let the original owners deal with all the recalls bugs & fixes headaches having to spent time at the factories for things that should of been done right in the first place. I bought a 1 owner '04 American Eagle 40J in Oct. 2011 with 12k on the clock. I looked over all the paperwork & some "back to factory recall & fixes at least 2 times" from it's home in South Dakota to Decatur, Ind. & some of other Spartan issues done at other local approved shops....A lot of pages of work but no Cummins 400 ISL issues. The coach current lt has 58K & I've not had 1 problem with it & everything works as it should. The exception is the Onan 7.5k genie where the stator went bad on it 2 years ago. I do my own P.M. on the entire coach to keep it out of as many hands as possible & know the works done right!
Just my 2 cents.
I like new due to warranty, the product is solid and up to date. Problems fixable nothing with the engine its all things that should have been addressed prior to leaving Fl. I had my Grandchildren with me and couldnít spend a couple weeks. No regrets the ride and comfort is there. I will do it again in a few years if God gives me long enough 😂❤️
Old 09-27-2021, 10:05 PM   #47

Fleetwood Owners Club
This isn't just something with RV's we have this across the board in our business as well, parts are hard to find, people don't want to work, all kinds of issues across the board.
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 05:50 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
This isn't just something with RV's we have this across the board in our business as well, parts are hard to find, people don't want to work, all kinds of issues across the board.
Well said, and I absolutely get it. I believe many people have had great loss and are also fearful of trying to get back to the new normal. I would love to be enjoying our new rig but fate is keeping us home. Hopefully we will be sailing down the road soon. Mr. Tiffin extended an invitation to Red Door so after I see the Nephew in Westport California we will meander to Alabama. My Great Grandfather is buried there and had a to do about moving the family Cemetery and they actually had to move it back so I would like to visit and love to see Red Door. Thanks for all your great comments and be well enjoy the Country. ❤️

Tags
quality, tiffin