Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-09-2015, 09:09 AM   #15

Just got back from Camp Red Bay. We checked in on Sunday and got into the Express Bay on Friday morning. They fixed everything on our list and a few extra things that we found after we turned in our list. This was all warranty work. The waiting is a little stressful but the service was great. The techs really know what they are doing and work fast. If you don't have a very long list take the Express bay.

It is a bit boring there if you don't have a satellite. We could only get 3 PBS stations on our antennae. If you have an older MH you should call first to see if they can do the work there.
gatorgirl66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2015, 08:38 AM   #16

Red Bay

I want to thank all of you for your comments on the Red Bay Service center. Most helpful and we will remember all your pointers when we go on 6/19. Thanks again and good travels
dcochran1167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 01:00 PM   #17

But you have to pay for a hotel as they take their time fixing your coach? Right?
gosman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 01:29 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosman View Post
But you have to pay for a hotel as they take their time fixing your coach? Right?
No you stay in your coach normally while they are working on it. If your repairs are covered by Tiffin's warranty there are no campground charges. If you are out of Tiffin's warranty then the nightly charge is $20 for a full hookup site.
Old 06-13-2015, 03:20 PM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
Tiffin is the only service center I know of that lets customers stay with their coaches while they are being worked on. You can stay inside or walk the service center hallway, your choice. They have a lounge for those who want to use it. Owners are all over the place. I stay with mine and the techs will show me exactly what they are doing and explain it all to you. Neat! There are a couple of things that will send you to the lounge like painting, welding but otherwise you are right up close and personal with the techs if you want.
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 04:51 PM   #20

Wow- what a service! I would stay in the coach!
Old 06-14-2015, 02:53 PM   #21

It is all in the opinion of the individual but for us Red Bay was not fun overall. In fact, I will never go back. Last rig had tons of issues, some repaired, some not. I spent almost three months of my life there and left with a broken rig - dumped it on the dealer which sold it to us and got the Breeze. Positive side - you get to meet a lot of great people there and have after hours fun and drinks. Stock up on the booze if you do that. The shuffle through different bays is tough, staying with the techs is nice, learn a lot. Easy stuff they are great, tough stuff they are not so good. There are better repair facilities and Tiffin will pay for your service under warranty at those places - very good on Tiffin's part and good for owner.

I went to Forest River one time for a major problem with a WGO, out of warranty. They provided free camping with water and power and a dump available. Worked me in after two days. Took the rig over in AM, tech came out and picked it up. Socialized in waiting room, met people, just like at Tiffin. Afternoon they brought out rig for me to spend night in. Five days of work, lot of work. No charge and as a bonus they redid all the sealants on roof - no charge. Pretty darned good factory service at WGO IMHO. It may have changed, don't know. Everything changes.
kayak70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 10:38 PM   #22

wow! If you didn't like Tiffin service- why did you go with the Tiffin Breeze?
Old 06-15-2015, 12:12 PM   #23

Bad service

We have a 2014 37AP at the time it was under warranty, it took us 3 weeks for them to look at it. It was work that our dealer could not do.
We did not sign up for this kind of service when we bought our Motorhome. I just don't like sitting in a parking lot in Red Bay AL four weeks, I know the Coon Dog Cemetary is a big draw but you can only go so many times.
We did leave and go home 250 miles one way. The fuel, time, service is a big thing. Our last coach was a Newmar and they would take appointments, and they never left our coach dirty at end of the day.
jhbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 09:52 PM   #24

Yepper- I'm looking at Newmars too. Nice to know. It would be nice to know who the winner is in quality and service- Tiffin, Newmar, are the ever present and biggest seller Winnebago!
Old 06-17-2015, 08:22 PM   #25

Bad Service

We have had 5 Newmars and one Tiffin, Newmar wins hands down on service, it might take a few weeks to get an appointment but they take you in on your appointment day.
I can't speak about other Mfg but I do understand Tiffin has a big problem after seeing it first hand.
Please don't get me wrong we love our smaller coach and have had fewer problems, BUT getting service is a problem because it's not if but when it's going to have some problems.
If you did not buy from the dealer you ask for service forget it, you go to the end of the line and they forget about you.
Mr Tiffin will have to address service problems soon. They are building more coaches than they can service and don't have people to service you.
Just for fun try calling service and see how long it takes and they forget to call you back.

John and Debbie
2014 37AP
jhbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 06:48 PM   #26

American coach also allows you to stay in your coach during repairs with animals, with an appointment, that they always keep, they come get you at 6AM sharp, put 3 to 5 folks on your unit and get you out of there as fast as they can. Not so at Red Bay, been there done that, had enough of it.
Old 06-19-2015, 02:11 PM   #27

American coach? Never heard of them. Maybe an up and comer!!?
Old 06-19-2015, 08:04 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosman View Post
American coach? Never heard of them. Maybe an up and comer!!?
NOPE. AC has been the upscale brand for Fleetwood for years, maybe decades. Very nice, and quite expensive.

FWIW, the only "up and comer" I can think of is Entegra Coach div of Jayco. They've been around only a relatively few years and are giving Tiffin and Newmar stiff competition.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service, tiffin