Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2023, 06:46 PM   #15

I purchased my 2018 36LA new and had it a little over 4 years with absolutely no issues. It was listed as Ultraleather on the build sheet for the sofa, booth, and recliner. Not sure about the captains chairs but never any problems.

I would think that in the year range you are looking the problems would have manifested by now on inspection or would have been replaced by the mfr.

Good luck with your search.

Paul
StaRVGazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2023, 08:57 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck&Pam View Post
For several years Flexsteel used a different type of less expensive material that went into standard Allegro Open Roads. Not sure of exact years but think from about 2015 thru 18 ? Mines a ‘16 32SA with peeling Captain’s chairs. Flexsteel then went out of the RV furniture business. Tiffin honored warranties for original owners. Tiffin will now sell you all the material to recover it yourself for about $1100 per seat. Also some previous Flexsteel employees have a business to recover or sell you the kits. There’s several forum threads here and on the Tiffin owners network about this.

By the way I previously had an ‘05 Bounder - sister to your Southwind - with Flexsteel furniture and it was in excellent condition 11 years later when I sold it.
Old 01-24-2023, 09:31 AM   #17

We have a 2015 32SA. Everything was good when we bought it a year ago. Now the couch and both front seats are peeling. I think the coach didn't get much use from the PO, now we use it a lot and the material is falling apart. We still love the motorhome and are glad we bought it.
Old 01-24-2023, 05:06 PM   #18
KJR

We have a 2019 Red 37pa, purchased new July, 2019, and full time. We have been careful with the upholster but it’s peeling on the dinette along sewn seams, recliner backrest and the passenger seatbelt has worn on the piping of the armrests. The spec sheet “Ultra Leatherette” it’s not official UltraLeather. We had real Ultraleather in our 2008 Airstream trailer purchased used in 2013. Real Ultraleather is practically bulletproof. We were the second owners of the Airstram and sold it in 2019 and the upholstery never peeled and was easy to clean. The stuff Tiffin uses is junk. We are heading to Red Bay in March to have Burroughs Uphostryto replace the dinette cushions, recliner seat back and armrests.
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 05:35 PM   #19

We have a 2016 32SA. So far we have not experienced any peeling or breakdown of the furniture. We are the second owners (1 1/2yrs) and the original owner took really good care of the motorhome.
RPerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 06:31 PM   #20

2016 red

Driver and passenger seats peeled. Foam in seats was also breaking down, which I got fixed at an automotive upholstery shop. Ripped the peeling and uncomfortable couch out and added 2 recliners. But sheepskins on driver and passenger seats and will probably replace the seats in a year or two.
johnangev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 05:29 AM   #21

Tiffin Owners Club
We bought our coach in 2018 and all of the fake leather was in good shape. About a year later the drivers seat started to peel. Thought it was just a high use thing. Now all the furniture is peeling. Sad. We will be getting everything reupholstered in April. $6000����.
Cheeseman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 08:35 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by B52Rnav View Post
Upholstery in our '14 Allegro Open Road peeled. Tiffin replaced dinette booth and recliner. Search this forum and you will find a lot of discussion on this topic.
I have. 2011 Tiffin Breaze with only 8400 miles upholstery is peeling. How did you get Tiffin to replace it. Thanks Reno
Reno Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 08:41 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJR View Post
We have a 2019 Red 37pa, purchased new July, 2019, and full time. We have been careful with the upholster but it’s peeling on the dinette along sewn seams, recliner backrest and the passenger seatbelt has worn on the piping of the armrests. The spec sheet “Ultra Leatherette” it’s not official UltraLeather. We had real Ultraleather in our 2008 Airstream trailer purchased used in 2013. Real Ultraleather is practically bulletproof. We were the second owners of the Airstram and sold it in 2019 and the upholstery never peeled and was easy to clean. The stuff Tiffin uses is junk. We are heading to Red Bay in March to have Burroughs Uphostryto replace the dinette cushions, recliner seat back and armrests.
Strange, we have the same year same model no wear in the areas you indicated, we also full time.
Old 01-25-2023, 09:41 AM   #24

Searching all the old threads about Tiffin replacing upholstery IS old situation. From reading recent postings on Tiffin forums, getting very difficult to get replacements even if paid for. Seems hit/miss now...
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 10:06 AM   #25

Flexsteel made the furniture with either material provided directly from Tiffin or specified by Tiffin. Because of the bad rap they got from poor choices by the RV manufacturers (it wasn’t just Tiffin), they stopped making RV furniture. Lisa Bauer, who ran the RV furniture department at Flexsteel, started her own company taking all of the prior RV furniture employees with her.

To get a good answer to your question, call Lisa Bauer at Bauer RV Upholstery in Dubuque, IA. She now has a business making new true ultra leather covers. She knows exactly what went into the furniture. My 2015 Phaeton had a fancy named material, which was just put a cheap vinyl. It wasn’t UltraLeather which is a specific brand. We had her recover our couch, and they did a phenomenal job. The person who did the back, with the covered buttons, had been doing this specialized work at Flexsteel for over 25 years.

Our front seats were recovered by the prior owner with material supplied by Tiffin. Whoever did the installation work (wasn’t Tiffin) did a really bad job which I have since corrected. If/when our front chairs need recovering, we plan to just go back to Dubuque by scheduling the stop on one of our trips.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 11:01 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettenuts View Post
Flexsteel made the furniture with either material provided directly from Tiffin or specified by Tiffin. Because of the bad rap they got from poor choices by the RV manufacturers (it wasn’t just Tiffin), they stopped making RV furniture. Lisa Bauer, who ran the RV furniture department at Flexsteel, started her own company taking all of the prior RV furniture employees with her.

To get a good answer to your question, call Lisa Bauer at Bauer RV Upholstery in Dubuque, IA. She now has a business making new true ultra leather covers. She knows exactly what went into the furniture. My 2015 Phaeton had a fancy named material, which was just put a cheap vinyl. It wasn’t UltraLeather which is a specific brand. We had her recover our couch, and they did a phenomenal job. The person who did the back, with the covered buttons, had been doing this specialized work at Flexsteel for over 25 years.

Our front seats were recovered by the prior owner with material supplied by Tiffin. Whoever did the installation work (wasn’t Tiffin) did a really bad job which I have since corrected. If/when our front chairs need recovering, we plan to just go back to Dubuque by scheduling the stop on one of our trips.
How much did the couch redo cost? Need to start budgeting that into the cost of a used coach.

Thanks.
Old 01-26-2023, 11:21 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno Garcia View Post
I have. 2011 Tiffin Breaze with only 8400 miles upholstery is peeling. How did you get Tiffin to replace it. Thanks Reno
Not any more will they step up and replace especially on such a old rig. When I had my 2013 Red I called and was told I could buy the material from them to redo all the failing materials but I would have to pay for the labor. Plus the materials they were going to sell me was the exact same stuff that was failing, but they had rolls of it for those that wanted to buy it. I passed and had the front seats redone in something else.
weighit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 02:22 PM   #28

Ultra Leather

We have a 2011 Open Road 34TGA that was specced with Ultra Leather.
Its still perfect
Rodsrv is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quality, tiffin