Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-22-2022, 07:35 PM   #1

Tiffin Wayfarer

Are Tiffin wayfarers better then other class C rvs?
ja63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2022, 08:29 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
No, but Tiffin Service is better than most other manufacturers.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 05:55 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja63 View Post
Are Tiffin wayfarers better then other class C rvs?
I would attend a show or visit a Tiffin dealer and compare for yourself. When we were in the market for a Class B/C, I found the Wayfarer to be far nicer and better built than the others but we wanted something bigger. Bought a cheaper Super C and that's why we now own a Tiffin (albeit an even bigger DP).

Sam
Old 09-26-2022, 08:26 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
When I bought mine back in 2018 the local dealer had them parked right next to competitors from other two other manufacturers. The obvious difference in materials used and build quality (both inside and out) was night and day as I went between the vehicles. That said I do like the earlier models better than what is available today.

When I went to the factory for 3 days to watch mine go through the assembly line (taking over 400 photos each step of the way) I saw them bring in some competitors' vehicles into the factory. They encouraged the employees to inspect them. What a great team morale event! What they brought in was clearly inferior and all the workers took great pride in pointing out where they did a better job and why.

That said, all RVs have issues as they are rolling earthquakes. At the end of the day better materials and construction methods will hold up longer. I've never had an issue with Tiffin when getting something resolved.

Best,
-Mark
MarkMaxPayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 03:09 PM   #5

Kinda depends on what you mean by quality. I think Leisure Travel Vans (LTV) is the gold standard for build quality in the Sprinter class C market. Little things like all wiring is neatly routed and labeled in conduit - it looks like a well done data center. No construction debris anywhere. Everything works upon delivery. I purchased an LTV Unity in 2019. It had no punch list after delivery - everything worked and stayed working. I had one problem about 15 months out - LTV shipped me a new part to install (they would have paid labor too, but wasn’t difficult enough to bother).

Tiffin uses solid wood cabinets and some other niceties where LTV is more weight conscious. So it depends on whether your idea of quality is real wood or quality is good OCCC numbers.
Shadow5501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 09:35 AM   #6

Tiffin wayfarer

Thank you all for your input. Appreciate the opinions.
ja63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 02:23 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja63 View Post
Thank you all for your input. Appreciate the opinions.
Similar feedback but can't really say from an owner perspective since I've only owned a Tiffin. I have looked at other Class A and Class C RV's. There was a noticeable difference in the Tiffin.

I purchased a 2022 Tiffin Wayfarer 25JW which seems to be one of the first 25JW made. Good decent fit but a lot of rough things that I didn't think were appropriate for a Tiffin. I took it down to Winfield where it has been for over a month to try to get the warranty items taken care of. They were very responsive to questions and gave me the option of leaving it there to get 'worked in when time available' or scheduling an appointment in Dec. I chose leaving it there. They have already done some of the items and hope to have it back soon.
EngMarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 02:29 PM   #8

Wayfarer is very nice B+ RV
So is
Winnebago View
Leisure Travel Van Unity
Winnebago EKKO
Entegra Quest is really nice, I think the best for $$$, it’s about $20,000 more than same competitors, but I think worth it. You have to walk thru it to really see why I said what I said.
The Quest is my personal pick.
24 L or 24 R
Walking thru it at Hershey really helped after walking thru the others first.
2cyber71 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
tiffin