Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2022, 04:55 AM   #1

Carolina Campers
Tiffin Wayfarer Fridge Question

Good morning. First post on the Tiffin page, I think.

My wife and I are comparing the Winnebago View/Navion and the Wayfarer. To us they're more or less the same but if anyone has compared the 2 and ended up in the Wayfarer please add your 2 cents.

The one thing that I can't get over on the Wayfarer is the small sized fridge. Is that bothersome? Did it sway anyone's decision to not get the Wayfarer?

We wouldn't full time in the coach but would have 1-2 week trips here and there.

Thanks in advance
jk70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2022, 01:24 PM   #2

We own a 2020 Wayfarer RW. It has a gas/electric frig that is 6 cubic ft. I'm not sure what model and size frig you are referring to. I know some of the other floor plans back in 2020 used a different model frig that was more like 5 cubic ft. That seemed a bit small to us.

For us, the 6 cubic ft. Norcold has worked out just fine. We seem to pack enough in to satisfy our needs. We use the one larger space for a gallon of milk. when the milk gets low, we pour the remainder into a container that fits on the door and buy another full gallon. Drinks, like water and cans, we place on the upper shelf, laying flat. We can put a lot of those on the one shelf. We re-supply as we use them up, so we always have plenty on hand. The extras, are stored elsewhere, so they can be put in the frig as needed. The separate freezer is plenty for us too. We easily put a couple of one gallon ice cream containers in, although that is more than needed, along with other frozen meats and vegetables and some other treats. Our trips have been 2 to 3 weeks in duration, and we just resupply at local stores when we need to. To us, the frig is big enough for a week's worth of food, so we don't need to go to the store that often.

I don't know if the model and year that you are looking at has the same frig and/or size as the one we have, so that might make a difference.

In our case, the frig can be made very cold, even where the non freezer section can get down into the low 30s, so we often have to raise the setting up. We live in Texas, so it can get pretty hot at times.
Travelino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 09:25 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
I have the teeny tiny Norcold N3141 that is only 5 cu ft in my Wayfarer as it is stuffed into a slide along with a foldout sofa bed. It's the super narrow one that is only 16 29/64 inches wide. At first I thought it was a stupid design. Both doors were for the fridge (one big door and a smaller door/drawer at the bottom) and the "freezer" was a small inner compartment at the top of the fridge behind the big door. Bottom line is a normal frozen pizza is not going into that freezer. That said, the wife and I did find it was fine for normal sized frozen meals and meats placed in freezer bags. The drawer at the bottom, which I was super skeptical on, turned out to be pure genius. Holds a case of sodas (or other favorite barley pop) plus a quart of milk and quart of juice. Turns out it makes it super simple to grab a cold drink without letting all the cold out of the fridge.

Although I wasn't sold on the fridge at first, there were tons of other reasons for me to purchase the Tiffin over the Winnebago that would scroll for quite a while. The top for me was overall build quality and design. When rigs happen to be staged side by side at a dealer's lot so you can compare, I found that the delta between them was super evident. Four years later I'm quite happy with my decision.

Best,
-Mark
MarkMaxPayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 05:42 PM   #4

We have that small fridge and have been managing just fine. Like Mark, we pack the freezer with ziplock bags and it actually holds a decent amount (I can even sneak a pint of ice cream in the back!). We also use the bottom pullout drawer for our drinks, although we found it gets a bit warm. So, we keep a couple of ice packs in the freezer and rotate one into the bottom drawer every morning….it definitely helps.
Old 03-27-2022, 07:17 PM   #5

We went with the Wayfarer 25 RW as it had the compress/DC fridge.

It kept everything cold and even had to turn it down to keep the drinks in the drawers from freezing. Also no issues with not being perfectly level.
markanddee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 11:14 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkMaxPayne View Post
I have the teeny tiny Norcold N3141 that is only 5 cu ft in my Wayfarer as it is stuffed into a slide along with a foldout sofa bed. It's the super narrow one that is only 16 29/64 inches wide. At first I thought it was a stupid design. Both doors were for the fridge (one big door and a smaller door/drawer at the bottom) and the "freezer" was a small inner compartment at the top of the fridge behind the big door. Bottom line is a normal frozen pizza is not going into that freezer. That said, the wife and I did find it was fine for normal sized frozen meals and meats placed in freezer bags. The drawer at the bottom, which I was super skeptical on, turned out to be pure genius. Holds a case of sodas (or other favorite barley pop) plus a quart of milk and quart of juice. Turns out it makes it super simple to grab a cold drink without letting all the cold out of the fridge.

Although I wasn't sold on the fridge at first, there were tons of other reasons for me to purchase the Tiffin over the Winnebago that would scroll for quite a while. The top for me was overall build quality and design. When rigs happen to be staged side by side at a dealer's lot so you can compare, I found that the delta between them was super evident. Four years later I'm quite happy with my decision.

Best,
-Mark
Thank you for your really helpful reply! ☺
Gereshom E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 01:28 PM   #7

If you are still shopping. Look at the storage lockers around the lower outside. Tiffin's doors hinge on the side whereas the View's hinge on the top. This is a major difference when you are stowing "stuff" and working with the hookups
Jim from BZN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 06:48 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk70 View Post

My wife and I are comparing the Winnebago View/Navion and the Wayfarer. To us they're more or less the same ....
Does the Winnebago View sit on top of a MB Sprinter 3500?

Sprinter Issues = 10 x Wayfarer Issues (our 8 month experience)

We LOVE the Tiffin components and design, no previous experience with other Class Cs. For the longest time I was fixated on the Airstream Interstate (Class B)....SO glad we went with the Wayfarer.
Yooper2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge, tiffin