Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-11-2021, 06:32 AM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
We bought our 2019 Red 340 in August 2020. If I'm being completely honest here, yes, we love our coach, BUT I have been surprised at some of the lack of workmanship quality I've found and lack of understanding Tiffin reps have to my specific coach. Like the original poster, I have a background that has given me quite a bit of knowledge to allow me to do a lot of my own maintenance/upgrades/repairs. I've called Tiffin for a variety of reasons, and I will give them full credit that they are always very kind and responsive. But, they don't always know what is on my coach. The VIN is always requested, and it helps guide them, but I often have to take pictures of the part or item and send it to them because they don't have documentation of everything that is on my coach. My equipment list that was plastered on the closet wall shows an incomplete list of equipment, and it shows electrical schematics included in delivery.....I have none. The Allegro Red manual is very generic in nature. I understand why this is done, but there is a 50/50 chance that what I am reading in the manual will not apply to my coach. I've already been to Red Bay for repairs that I didn't trust to be handled in Houston. The Red Bay experience was good. They took good care of me. Communicating the process of checking in etc....could have been better but we navigated through it eventually. I was surprised to find out the reason my heat pumps wouldn't blow warm air is the control boards installed were the incorrect boards. The Bluetooth mic on my stereo never worked because it was never hooked up. I am an owner that crawls underneath the coach and looks around. After having done this, I probably shouldn't have. When crawling under there to seal my leaking compartments, I find holes that are meant for bolts to hold things in place like my house battery rack were made using a cutting torch. The holes are too big and sloppy so the washer/nut barely grab on to the metal. Angle iron and very thin metal stock used to hold compartments only about 75% painted/dipped. Big untreated sections already have deep rust. I've sanded the pieces that I can get to and covered with POR-15. I have never owned a coach before. I very much expected this to be much like buying a car or truck where by and large, the QC process catches 99% of the assembly issues, the documentation is almost always readily available and typically if it is not, I can get it from the dealer/manufacturer or online easily. Anyway I have learned that unless one buys a really high end coach where I suppose it is well documented and the manufacturer is on point, they must rely on forums like this, Google searches, YouTube, other people they know, trial and error, and their best shot. I still love our Tiffin Allegro Red 340, and I would do it all over again. I've finally figured out that I have to really dig in and "own" this thing because there isn't one company or one source that will do it for me. I will be calling Tiffin today in hopes of getting my electrical prints and possibly plumbing.
thegats1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-11-2021, 02:50 PM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
I agree. We upgraded from a 1996 Itasca Suncruiser to a 2013 Open Road and I sure do miss the factory support Winnie provided. It was great to look up a switch on the drawing and get the part number then order it... no hunting all over the net for a 20 year old switch from an unknown manufacturer.

Tiffin should offer this. Take the AV system. They gat changed by other owners that add, change and remove “stuff” over the years. I was able to trace the coax in the Suncruiser thanks to the color codes and labels on the drawings. I’m having problems on our new Tiffin with what looks to be a missing IR link; without drawings who knows.
brokenrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 09:15 AM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Like one of the other posters said, Winnebago offers this information freely to anyone with an internet connection. You can go on the Winnie site now, plug in the year, make and model and a collection of drawing are made available to you instantly. The coach previous to the Discovery I have now was a Winnebago Sightseer. I downloaded the collection to a thumb drive and carried it in the coach at all times in case I needed service while on the road.

Fleetwood also offers drawings to their owners, but you have to call REV and request copies. You just give them your VIN and they will email you the collection of drawings at no cost.
DuaneMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 09:39 AM   #18

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by allegro1x View Post
I think someone is in a dream world, no rv mfg I know of will provide all that info. Freightliner probably will provide chassis info, but only 1 in a million owners can do these repairs. Dave
Country Coach provided chassis wiring, air system layout, house wiring (both 12 and 120) plumbing etc. Even a chassis parts list with manufacturers name and part number. It is truly valuable for repairs/upgrades. Owners manual was both printed and on CD.
But, as we all know they are out of business.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tiffin