RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2015, 09:21 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Tiffin's 2016 Induction Cooktop

We have just ordered a 2016 Phaeton All-Electric coach which includes the Induction Cooktop.

We have never used one before so would appreciate any advice or hints on the use of this cooktop. I love to cook and am hoping that I will enjoy cooking on it.

Also, does Tiffin still give a complimentary set of Induction Cookware with the All Electric coach. I read that somewhere, but I don't know where.

Always appreciate all your advice since we are Class A newbies.

dmcquinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2015, 09:37 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the coach.

There are a number of threads regarding induction cooktops on the forum. A simple search on induction cooktops should give you a great deal of reading.

We have an all electric coach and like the induction. We also have a couple of portable cooktops we take outside when the weather is nice.

Old 10-17-2015, 05:41 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The wife appears to like it so far. It's a True Induction model. Yes, there is an included set of cookware. We also bought a set of frying pans on Amazon that work fine too. We are still learning the ins and outs of our 40QBH.
Old 10-25-2015, 09:30 AM   #4

I am looking at the Tiffin Allegro Bus 45 OP which is also all electric. Haven't made the purchase yet. Tiffin offers as an option the Wolf cooktop which is 240v rather than the standard 120v cooktop. I believe that this is a better option and worth the extra $$$. Cooks much faster. Have seen on the Tiffin RV Forum that you do get some cookware but will most likely need to buy more since the free set is only a few pieces.
TXTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 10:04 AM   #5

I believe they still provide a set of cook ware but they are like S&B cookware with non removable handles and they do not nest. I would suggest getting nesting induction cookware, sometimes referred to as galley ware. Both Rapid Chef and MagnaWare make excellent nesting cookware for induction cooktops. They take very little space for storage.
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 03:45 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
I have never known Tiffin to install a 120V induction cooktop. The Wolf is an upgrade from the Summit but they are both 220/240V.
Old 11-13-2015, 08:07 PM   #7

Our all electric 2016 Phaeton came with a set of pretty cheap induction cookware. It seems to work ok. We convinced Tiffin to let us upgrade from the Induction Cooktop to the Wolf cooktop that is normally only offered as an upgrade in the Bus. We went that route to have a greater range of fine temperature control at both ends of the heat spectrum. Seems to work great so far.
JeanAndAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 08:06 AM   #8

Will the Wolf and Summit both operate with the generator?
Old 11-14-2015, 11:48 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldrtrcr View Post
I have never known Tiffin to install a 120V induction cooktop. The Wolf is an upgrade from the Summit but they are both 220/240V.
Newbie here and still learning, but won't the 220/240V Wolf REQUIRE you to be on 50A shore service (since the 30A service is only 110V), which some CG's may not have?

Thank you.
FlyFishinRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 12:02 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizbad View Post
Will the Wolf and Summit both operate with the generator?

If you have a 10 or 12.5 KW generator then you have 240VAC available. The others are 120VAC only.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 05:22 PM   #11

Can't speak to Induction cooktop. Wolf cooktop works with either 50amp shore power or 10kw generator which is standard on 2016 Phaeton. Have not tried 30amp shorepower.
Old 11-17-2015, 12:54 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
We love induction

We have the 2014 45LP and we love the induction cooktop. However, it does have one problem and that is even at the lowest setting it is still too hot to just simmer when you are not cooking larger volumn. So I have to set the pan half on and half off the burner. For the most part that is not too much of a problem and I also have a crockpot for cooking as well. It looks like they are putting a different model or brand in the newer models and hopefully that will take care of that problem.
I am most happy about not having propane and the need to look for it when in different areas.
Enjoy your new coach.
Trekkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 01:07 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
X2 on the simmer on the coach induction. We have a portable NuWave that works well as a simmering unit.
Old 11-18-2015, 12:42 AM   #14

I'm not sure if this comment applies to the 45LP. We recently purchased a 2016 Phaeton all electric coach. During our research we read about the Summit Induction cooktop that was used in prior year Phaetons. According to owners it would boil water in last than 2 minutes but was unable to simmer at low heat. In response Tiffin switched over to the Tru Induction cooktop for 2016. The lower wattage Tru Induction was intended to better handle low temperatures. Unfortunately at 1800 watts it sacrifices the high end of the temperature range. For 2016 the Wolf cooktop is a upgrade option for the Bus. This unit, although costly, handles the entire range of temps more effectively. Even though not offered as an upgrade for the Phaeton we convinced Tiffin to supply us with the Wolf cooktop for our Phaeton. Been very happy with the result. Problem solved.

Tags
tiffin