Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-16-2019, 08:37 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Toad 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk?

Looking at purchasing the Trailhawk for our Toad. So far I have figured out that I need to ensure it has a 3.2 litre, Active 2 Transmission ( 2 speed) and the Trailer tow package from the factory.

Is there anything else I should look for? Anyone see any issues with the Trailhawk? Didn't want to spend the extra money on the Limited.....

Any comments would be appreciated.
HiwaysByways is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-16-2019, 08:45 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You don't need the trailer tow package unless you plan on towing some sort of trailer with the Cherokee.

You may be thinking about the power steering activation harness, however it is not required on the 2019 Cherokees.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 08:59 PM   #3
Director of Partnerships

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Following. Plan on getting the same vehicle in April.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:57 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbucha View Post
Following. Plan on getting the same vehicle in April.
When not being a toad we pull a flat deck trailer with a side by side and ATV.... weight 4,200 lbs..... I am told I need the factory trailer tow package to accomplish this.
Old 01-17-2019, 04:58 AM   #5

Probably a good idea to check out the electric steering problems on the internet. now even some of the wranglers are having the death wobbles. Dave
Old 01-17-2019, 09:59 AM   #6

Why are you posting this question on the Tiffin owners forum instead of the TOADS forum???
Old 01-17-2019, 07:47 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
good point.... posted it here due to being a Tiffin owner..... and part of the question, which I did not articulate properly... was to see if there was any issue pulling this type of vehicle behind a 33aa.

my apologies
Old 01-18-2019, 11:20 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have friends that full time and pull a Trailhawk behind their 33aa, no problems.
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 04:40 PM   #9

Torack- you shouldn't have any problem. I think my 2007 Jeep Liberty probably weighs more than the new Cherokee and I've been pulling it since 2008. First a class c and now a Allegro 32ca. Both have V10 gas engines. Dave
Old 01-19-2019, 05:41 PM   #10

I bought one about 2 months ago. I really like it. It tows fine. Mine weighs in about 4400#. if you are installing your own tow brackets, the only problem was removing the front bumper. You really have to pull hard (scared something was going to break). After that no problems. Since the tail lights are all LEDs, I used the 4 diodes, works fine. Although legally I didn't need a braking system I added one anyway.
romocoirv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 03:19 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by romocoirv View Post
I bought one about 2 months ago. I really like it. It tows fine. Mine weighs in about 4400#. if you are installing your own tow brackets, the only problem was removing the front bumper. You really have to pull hard (scared something was going to break). After that no problems. Since the tail lights are all LEDs, I used the 4 diodes, works fine. Although legally I didn't need a braking system I added one anyway.
Agree with the bumpers, it seems all the newer vehicles use those snap type fittings , they are tough to get off and you swear something will break. When I helped my friend set up his Trailhawk, removing the bumper etc took the longest time
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cherokee, toad