Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2021, 06:02 PM   #15

There are some other threads about getting the sensors for your toad that are compatible with the system. Do a simple search on Valor TPMS.
toshio1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2021, 01:53 PM   #16

Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichdlP View Post
Wow, I know you meant August 4th but still…wow. Don’t let this spoil the ride Jim. Sounds like you are rolling with it. Fingers crossed that this is shallow waters and a slow current.
Hi Rich: Yeah you are correct it is August 4th since it has been at the dealership.Got word today that it is finished at FL. I will try and find out more about these damn TPMS codes, I know it has something to with a sensor. I don't know if they re-flashed or replaced it. I scheduled my PDI and pickup for September 1st.

I could of picked it up near the end of this week but unfortunately I have a Gun Show to attend as a vendor. You see I have a Gun Shop, and business has been off the charts at the Gun Shows.

Jim P.
pameridan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 10:30 AM   #17

Best bet for your tires is a small aluminum bat for banging the tires and a good old tire gauge.

All this electronic RV "Junk" is always failing . . . . same thing goes for the interior. I dumped my New Aire with all its hundreds of electronic goodies, electric blinds, lights, switches, etc. which always failed and got a good nice Renegade Verona built and designed for normal people. Just don't need all that electronic crap on an RV.

Get up and turn on a switch and pull a blind down every now and then!

Stay Safe - Mike
Idleup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 09:29 AM   #18

Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Picked up the coach last Wednesday. All my salesman could say is that Freight Liner fixed the TPMS problem. They either replaced or re-flashed a sensor. They set my tire pressure to 105 PSI all the way around. The coach road pretty good all the way home.

I will get the coach weighed and probably adjust the Tire Pressure accordingly. But so far it seems to ride pretty good.

I spent the last week checking out all my systems. Unfortunately the guy who did my PDI when I picked it up couldn't answer some of my questions. That was understandable with the million and one things the new Digital dash shows.

So far all I found was a latch popped off on the interior plastic cover in the lower bay for the fuses, and my rubber seal is sticking a little on DS slide.

I still can't figure out my solar panel controller. I have to play with that.
I will be taking the coach on its maiden voyage next week. We are going to spend a couple of days at the Hershey RV Show, then head on down to Gettysburg for a few days.

Jim P
Old 09-09-2021, 10:02 AM   #19

Jim,
Thanks for the update. When you get a few miles on it would let us know if the fix worked? Enjoy your coach. We had a 33AA any liked it.
Robert
RJEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 09:12 AM   #20

Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Well I put about 400 miles on new coach. No TPMS errors at all. I have to have a few tweaks here and there but everything seems to be working good.

I was removing cargo out of my sliding tray in the lower bay, chair shifted and it pulled out my solar panel remote wires on the controller along the side wall. I don't have the tool needed to reinsert them in the pull out clip.

Looks like another trip back to my dealer.

Jim P.
Old 01-31-2022, 04:36 PM   #21

Update on my TPMS system!
just had the unit in the freightliner shop for warrantee work and recalls.
on the built-in TPMS unit on my 2021 Allegro Red 38LL, they simply had to remount the sending unit antennas!
They told me they are very familiar with the issue and find that when Tiffin builds the coach on top of their chassis, they build around the antennas so that they can't communicate with the receiver unit. The 45 minute drive home today proved that their fix did the trick. All tires continued to monitor without a hitch! I'll try to find the photo of the problem I was having before the fix for reference!Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210821-185254.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	355202
Treetopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 05:40 PM   #22

Thanks for the information. Taking our RED in next week for the TPMS and dash failure recall. Hope ours goes well.
Old 01-31-2022, 07:41 PM   #23

I took my 2021 RED 33AA to Bay Diesel last year. They remounted the antenna lower in the chassis and for the most part it picks up all the TPMS sensors. However, sometimes it loses the signal and some or all go blank, even with it being “fixed.”
Cdcorn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 10:11 AM   #24

Thanks. Jim, indeed, if you have a "Campaign" recall notice number, I would appreciate it.

The issues that folks should be aware of for 2021 Tiffins on a Freightliner chassis are (at least for our 37BA):

1) The TPMS is made by a company Valor. Even with the antennas remounted (which Freightliner did) Valor told me about a year ago there are issue between their system communicating to the Freightliner chassis. I clearly got the impression that nobody seemed motivated to fix the root causes so we have been living with random "401 degree" / "136 PSI" false readings not to mention other issues even after the antenna remount fix (the readings just randomly appear). Thus the need for the Campaign # if someone really fixed it.

2) Our all glass dash keeps failing (completely). It has completely failed twice (the first failure caused the RV to sit unusable in the Freightliner repair lot for weeks). Months later, it completely failed again. Its the Viper module. Recall campaign # is "SF637-A". You will want to find out if this impacts you - you don't want have your dash randomly fail and then not know how much fuel you have, your speed, or what gear you are in, etc.

3) There is a valve stem / stabilizer issue. Campaign # "FL912-A". As I understand it - on the inner dual tires, the stems can break and you can loose pressure. Not good.

Take care,
Rick
HopefulRVer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 11:17 PM   #25

I have a 2021 33AA and the owner manual says it will display the tires on a toad if they are present… have to buy the kit, refer to the Freightliner manual for the specific part number
Adrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 12:39 PM   #26

FINALLY - Formal Recall!

Hi, our 2021 Tiffin 37BA recently sat at Freightliner for a couple weeks again (for a non-working all-glass dash - round #2), but there was no formal recall on the TPMS bugs when we had the RV there. As has been the case for the past year, on a recent trip the TPMS gave crazy readings (401 degrees, 136 psi) and alarmed due to an insufficient margin to account for normal temperature change compensation. Today - AT LAST! a formal recall has been announced for the defective TPMS system. The recall states that there is a software update to fix the misreadings (between Freightliner's computer and the Valor module), plus an antenna fix! The Freightliner "Campaign # is: SF644-A. The title is: "FCCC XC Valor Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)". I hope this helps!
HopefulRVer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 01:11 PM   #27

We had the dash issue and relocation of the TPMS. So far good readings but still alarms at 120 psi. We run 105 on the steer tires and it will alarm especially on hot days. If anyone has succeeded in changing the settings please let us know. Thanks
Old 04-01-2022, 04:50 PM   #28

Kind of makes sense why I saw so many new Tiffins sitting at the local Freightliner last week when I went ini for my PDM recall.
HighDesert is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
recall, tpms