Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-02-2021, 02:20 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Trip to Red Bay

I am planning my first trip to Red Bay with my 2017 Allegro RED 33AA.

Who should I contact to get help with replacement of sun shades and blinds?

Does someone specialize in that in the after hours group?

Also, my DEF gauge shows 80% all the time; even when less or more than 80% is present. Is that part of the DEF issue or is it something Tiffin can fix?

Phil
aa9zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-02-2021, 02:26 PM   #2

Call Tiffin and ask them. Might want to get an appointment BEFORE you show up.
deckape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 04:18 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
It is my understanding that Tiffin does NOT accept appointments. Am I incorrect?

Phil
Old 09-02-2021, 05:46 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa9zz View Post
It is my understanding that Tiffin does NOT accept appointments. Am I incorrect?

Phil

You are correct Tiffin is first come first served. If you don't want to wait in line you could try Bunkhouse RV 256-356-8634. They are just across from the Tiffin service center on Hospital Rd and they work by appointments.

As to the DEF gauge issue, which gauge is reading incorrectly the one on the tank or the one on the dash?
Old 09-03-2021, 07:00 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
I would also like to suggest that if you don't have a list of the Tiffin employees, ex employees, that do work after hours and at their own shops, call the service number and have them email that to you. I can't think of any work you would want to have done that these guys couldn't do for you. Great group and very affordable.

We just left Red Bay after getting out HWH jacks worked on, generator service, new slide out awnings, Diamond shield removed, new headlight and driving light assemblies, and warranty paint work completed. The only thing we actually went into Tiffin for was the paint warranty work and even then, the guy fixed a spot on the front bumper, rear side of the coach, rear of the coach, and also painted the engine grill. All while doing the warranty work on the rear cap.
brandss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 08:04 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandss View Post
I would also like to suggest that if you don't have a list of the Tiffin employees, ex employees, that do work after hours and at their own shops, call the service number and have them email that to you. I can't think of any work you would want to have done that these guys couldn't do for you. Great group and very affordable.

We just left Red Bay after getting out HWH jacks worked on, generator service, new slide out awnings, Diamond shield removed, new headlight and driving light assemblies, and warranty paint work completed. The only thing we actually went into Tiffin for was the paint warranty work and even then, the guy fixed a spot on the front bumper, rear side of the coach, rear of the coach, and also painted the engine grill. All while doing the warranty work on the rear cap.
Curious what the paint warranty issue was. We will be heading to RB soon for a few first year warranty work items. The main item for us is some paint drips up high on the rear cap. Hope they can do a nice job fixing this.
Sounds like you were more than happy.
JohnCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 10:37 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCZ View Post
Curious what the paint warranty issue was. We will be heading to RB soon for a few first year warranty work items. The main item for us is some paint drips up high on the rear cap. Hope they can do a nice job fixing this.
About a year ago I noticed a small crack in the rear crack at the top on the passenger side. New at some point I needed to address it but figured it would be out of my pocket. A week or so before heading to Red Bay I saw on facebook someone talking about the structural warranty. When in Red Bay I happen to point it out and the paint mgr came out and send it would be covered. Easy peasy. They did a great job, can't even tell it was there.
brandss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 09:59 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
That's great to hear, Scott and Deanna.
JohnCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 04:21 AM   #9

Here is the latest list of After Hours businesses in Red Bay.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Red Bay Area Businesses 9.1.2021.pdf (113.5 KB, 103 views)
boomersooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 11:57 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Bob,

Thank you very much for your information. I have been a Newmar person for the past ten years and used to their method of making an appointment at the factory and getting the work done there.

It seems Tiffin does things a little differently, not better or not worse just differently.

I think I can now get one major issue taken care of by Tiffin and leave the rest to the after hours group.

This list is a great help and I will be calling to make appointments.

Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomersooner View Post
Here is the latest list of After Hours businesses in Red Bay.
Old 09-06-2021, 02:05 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa9zz View Post
Bob,

Thank you very much for your information. I have been a Newmar person for the past ten years and used to their method of making an appointment at the factory and getting the work done there.

It seems Tiffin does things a little differently, not better or not worse just differently.

I think I can now get one major issue taken care of by Tiffin and leave the rest to the after hours group.

This list is a great help and I will be calling to make appointments.

Phil

Eight years ago we could drive up to tiffin campground, sign in, get assigned a campsite, have Norris come around and go over our work order then wait to be called in to a bay, even if your coach was 5, 10 years old or more. Now, if you aren't there for warranty work in a nice new coach, things have changed. When reservations were suggested that was not meant for the Tiffin repairs, as they are first come-first serve, but for the other vendors who can do the work you need done. For example, if you want to go to Bay Diesel for engine maintenance, they currently have a three-four week wait for a reservation. That's just to get your oil changed. Same for some of the other vendors. Plus if you know of a specific campground you want to stay at, some take reservations so I suggest you call Tiffin campground and talk with them for info
dieseldug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 03:38 PM   #12
JWA

Join Facebook page Tiffin Red Bay Roll Call page. Ton in info in files section. Outside vendor list and after hours list. Last updated 9/1/21. Even if you do not do facebook, I didn't I signed up for this. Don't want to hassle with facebook? Just sign up and never accept or solicit 'friends'.
Old 09-08-2021, 07:44 AM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Cap Separating

I have a 2017 32sa has anyone had an issue with the front cap LS bond to the side wall coming loose. Mine has separated and with that the dash on the drivers side floats up and down with the movement of the coach.
Oucamptoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 10:35 AM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCZ View Post
We are at Tiffin now, If you have paint issues, I'm telling you now to a lot atleast 30 days to get it repaired. There are folks here for paint work that have been here for 4 plus weeks... They told us to expect two weeks to get our warranty punch list complete.. No paint just minor stuff... Good luck when you come down here...
HerbieHauler is offline   Reply With Quote