Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-26-2022, 10:56 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Triple Vision TVR4000S Blue Screen

My Triple Vision TVR4000S displays a blue screen for all three cameras. The text for left, right, and rear appears, but no video. Wouldn't think it's a 12vdc issue, since the monitor powers up with the blue screen. It's been stated before, but I'll repeat it here, the manual leaves a lot to be desired. Any suggestions?
RayThigpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2022, 11:16 AM   #2

I would first check the cable connections coming from the cameras to the pigtail on back of the unit. Notorious for bad connections however, not usually all three at one time. You can acces them by taking the center access cover off top of the dash. Sort through the rats nest and find the pigtail on back of the Triplevision unit and there should be connectors on each line to the camera cables. Mine are marked with tags.

Paul
StaRVGazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 02:39 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Connections under the dash seem to be fine. I should probably add a little background.

All cameras worked fine a couple of months ago before the rig was impacted by a nearby lightning strike (yes, we had a surge protector, before someone starts down that rabbit hole). Several house items needed repair, as well as some engine electrical (ECM, ABS controller, fuel pump, fuel pump driver module). The rig had to be towed to a local repair shop for the engine electrical repairs.

I'd think if the camera system was impacted, the monitor would have no display (or possibly even no power), but it seems that the issue is no signal from any of the three cameras. I can find little to no information about this model online.

I asked Tiffin to send me the manual, since we are not the original owner, and was sent the STM 7000Q manual (wrong one). I found the correct one online.

So, what besides 12vdc, the pigtail, and the monitor, do the 3 cameras have in common?
Old 06-26-2022, 03:31 PM   #4

Wow!! Could be circuit board damage. I believe the Triple Vision folks are located in Red Bay and I have heard they are very helpful. Someone on the forum may have their contact info.

Paul
StaRVGazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 12:29 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaRVGazer View Post
Wow!! Could be circuit board damage. I believe the Triple Vision folks are located in Red Bay and I have heard they are very helpful. Someone on the forum may have their contact info.

Paul
StaRVGazer might be referring to Triple H Electronics, phone number (256) 356-9005. It is my understanding that they provide some of the electronics for Tiffin.
Old 06-28-2022, 06:47 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
I called Triple H. Nice folks. Pretty sure the problem is the monitor itself. Have one on order. Will update in a few days.
Old 07-13-2022, 02:00 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Bad monitor

I've just replaced the monitor and the included wiring harness that Triple H sent me. All is working fine now. The cameras apparently get their power from the monitor as well, so that is why all 3 video signals were missing.

Tags
scr, vision