Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2021, 06:29 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Triplevision STM-7000Q

I have a 2018 Phaeton QBH 40' with a Triplevision STM-7000Q video monitor. There are three inputs but it has room for a fourth input.

Recently the video on the left camera started tearing when using the left turn signal. The problem was with the harness between the monitor and individual inputs including power. During installation the installer so stressed the cable that after some time and vibration the connection began to fail.

My Rant:
I love intermittent electrical issues...this one brought to me by another lousy, sloppy install job by a Tiffin employee. Although, if management doesn't care then why should they. I went online to get a lead on replacement part but could not find one so I went to Tiffin Service. The service agent gave me the part# and swore it was correct! I asked three times about that part number and gave him the description of the problem part. He got angry with me for asking him so many times. Right, it is the wrong item. It's one thing to be wrong but when you get arrogant about it that is another matter. Tiffin and its folks in my opinion have redefined mediocrity and their customer service is worse. Bravo Bob...you got sacks of money and left us holding the bag.

Post Rant:
Does anyone know the real part# for this connector? I may have to contact Triple H for help but frankly they're as bad as Tiffin. I found a PDF installation guide and also a paper doc in my owners manuals but there are no part numbers, no manufacturer listing or service information. I wonder who are these people and how does Tiffin manage to find such terrible vendors.
imUrlaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2021, 09:21 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
[QUOTE=imUrlaub;5927773]I have a 2018 Phaeton QBH 40' with a Triplevision STM-7000Q video monitor. There are three inputs but it has room for a fourth input.

Recently the video on the left camera started tearing when using the left turn signal. The problem was with the harness between the monitor and individual inputs including power. During installation the installer so stressed the cable that after some time and vibration the connection began to fail.

My Rant:
I love intermittent electrical issues...this one brought to me by another lousy, sloppy install job by a Tiffin employee. Although, if management doesn't care then why should they. I went online to get a lead on replacement part but could not find one so I went to Tiffin Service. The service agent gave me the part# and swore it was correct! I asked three times about that part number and gave him the description of the problem part. He got angry with me for asking him so many times. Right, it is the wrong item. It's one thing to be wrong but when you get arrogant about it that is another matter. Tiffin and its folks in my opinion have redefined mediocrity and their customer service is worse. Bravo Bob...you got sacks of money and left us holding the bag.

Post Rant:
Does anyone know the real part# for this connector? I may have to contact Triple H for help but frankly they're as bad as Tiffin. I found a PDF installation guide and also a paper doc in my owners manuals but there are no part numbers, no manufacturer listing or service information. I wonder who are these people and how does Tiffin manage to find such terrible vendors.
[QUOTE]

I found a trademark submission online. Apparently, Triplevision is a trademark that belongs to Triple H Electronics. So, they purchase from somebody and simply rebrand it.
Old 09-26-2021, 12:51 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
I got TripleVision parts from rvcams.com. Send a picture of the old part.
Old 09-26-2021, 06:19 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
I suspect I know who the person is you were talking to. If it is him he gets a lot of accolades on here. But my experience with him was one of him yelling at me when I asked for clarification on something he rattled off. I won't provide the name here in case I am wrong. My experience didn't line up with "he's such a nice guy" and "he's very helpful" that I have read on this forum. He was short with me and annoyed from the beginning. And I was very nice from the beginning until he started shouting. I didn't call Tiffin annoyed because I wasn't calling with a problem, so there was not attitude coming from me on this call. I was calling because I wanted to add something and I needed to understand the system. He's the only person I've had issues with. Everyone else there has been a pleasure to do business with.
thegats1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 07:40 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
RV Cams

I did see the site RV Cams in my initial search but didn't do any digging until this am. I found the STM-7000Q monitor, the harness is shown as part of the kit but not on its own. This cable should never have failed. Just another example of crap from China installed by people who don't care about reliability much less quality.

We love getting away in our coach so I guess this is just part of the price to pay. But I'm beginning to think the sooner I get rid of all the cheap electronic crap Tiffin installed the better off we'll be.
Old 09-26-2021, 12:35 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
4 Camera Display

So, I found the cable. It is part of the display that RV Cams sells for $450 and Tiffin wants $583 for. Apparently, they don't just sell the harness.
Old 09-21-2022, 08:57 PM   #7

I have a 2021 breeze with the blue screen on the rear camera, I am hoping its under warranty but will find out tomorrow when I call them, Ha they know me from all the OTHER stuff that has failed. any suggestions on who to ask for would be great. Mike
OEM1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 05:46 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by imUrlaub View Post
So, I found the cable. It is part of the display that RV Cams sells for $450 and Tiffin wants $583 for. Apparently, they don't just sell the harness.
I recently went down the same road you did, left side of the coach as well. We chased the problem for a while and ultimately had the express bay work on it. First visit they swore it was the camera in the mirror so they replaced it. On the way back to the campground in Red Bay, it immediately acted up again. Go back into the bay 7am the next morning and they say it's the harness you speak of but have to replace the monitor because the harness is part of the monitor. I authorize the new monitor, pick it up at noon and the problem happens on the way to the campground. I go back to the express bay in my car, end up speaking with a nice senior guy that manages the express bays. He tells me to bring the coach right back, he will personally supervise the work. Ends up being a connection in the front of the coach, to the side of the generator. It was covered in spray foam but the tech worked through it and fixed it.

I say all of this to offer help and maybe keep you from having to replace the monitor. In my search to fix the issue, I did not know about this other connection in the generator compartment. It's now been working fine for several thousand miles.
brandss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 06:11 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by imUrlaub View Post

Can you not just cut the cable and splice in an alternate connector?
I have an older TripleVision system and there are only a few wires involved.
I'm not looking under your hood, but this seems like an easy repair.

BTW, I replaced a dead camera in mine with an aftermarket camera...$39 vs $309 for a camera from Tiffin.
stripperguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 07:37 AM   #10

Triple vision

My rear camera whet slowly out then blue screen of Death, 4 screws pull the console out and the three leads from the back of the monitor 2 were plugged in and taped around the connection the center (rear) was disconnected as they were too busy to tape that one... plugged in and taped all al is good.

Mike and Pam
2021 31 BR breeze
2006 CRV Toad
OEM1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 04:13 PM   #11

My DS camera just went out on my 2011 34TGA. It's mounted on the sidewall, not on the mirror. If yours is a side mount, can you tell me what you replaced it with?
rgriff11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 06:49 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Rgriff, Can't tell you exactly what part number you will need for your set up but one thing I will point out is that you can find them a lot cheaper than the Tiffin store. When I needed a new one I was going to order from Tiffin but because they were shut down for the holidays, couldn't get me one until after the first of the year. By chance I put the part number into a google search and found one for a third of the cost. Might be worth checking into.
brandss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 09:01 AM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Had this issue of losing one of the side cameras. My issue was the connection for it in the dash, right behind the monitor. It was taped, but still a little loose. I removed the old tape, and re-taped with connection firmly seated. The connector didn't seem to have any "grab" by itself. I went ahead and did the other two as well. Those connectors did seem to have at least a little "grab".
JohnCZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vision