Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-10-2020, 10:45 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
TST TMPS repeater install on Allegro

Has anyone installed the TST TMPS repeater that comes in the kit to a 12v source? Our house batteries are under the steps so hooking up there is not ideal. Looking for a place more towards the rear of our 36LA. Can the red/black wires be connected to one of the USB ports in the bedroom, via adapters, etc?

Thanks for any input!
Steve
stevel720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2020, 11:01 AM   #2

I don't need it on my 36', but I did install it on my old 40' DP. I mounted it to the frame rail near the trailer hitch and tapped into the hot lead in the trailer pigtail. Worked great. Good luck.
Old 04-10-2020, 11:04 AM   #3

I have the Truck System Technologies 507 system

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevel720 View Post
Has anyone installed the TST TMPS repeater that comes in the kit to a 12v source? Our house batteries are under the steps so hooking up there is not ideal. Looking for a place more towards the rear of our 36LA. Can the red/black wires be connected to one of the USB ports in the bedroom, via adapters, etc?

Thanks for any input!
Steve
Steve, I've had this on my Sprinter for 3 years, and recently got the new factory sealed hybrid sensors. TST customer service is great and they asked me where my repeater was, I said, what repeater? It's been working fine, why do I need one? They sent me one at no charge and I'm not sure if it's really necessary, but, I'm going to see if my radio/electronics shop can wire this in a cabinet and tie it into my 12 volt system.....if it is absolutely necessary.

My question to you is.....has your system been working fine without it or did you just purchase a new one from TST?

You may need it because your rig is larger than mine, but, you could try and see it it works?
MWeiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 11:23 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks Reacher and MWeiner.

MWeiner, I haven’t even set up the monitor yet. Perhaps I’ll just get that done and give it a try when we hit the road (hopefully) in 4 weeks. I figured I’d get the repeater ready first.

Reacher. I have an RVI battery minder to install in my Jeep and I believe that will go into the same pin location. My owners manual shows that as being on the backside of the Jeeps pigtail at the 2 o’clock position (I think). Which would mean you tied into the coaches pigtail from the backside at the 10 o’clock position? I’m really just guessing here. Lol

Thanks again for your input.
Steve
Old 04-10-2020, 11:58 AM   #5
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Steve, on our '15 Allegro RED I put the repeater in the AV cabinet. There was a hot and ground wire already there that wasn't hooked to anything. The other option is to mount if under the rear cap and tie into the 12v charge line on the seven pin plug. With that method the repeater is only on when the key is on. That's where I have my current one hooked up.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 02:02 PM   #6

I have used the power for my CO detector on two coaches. They are usually located mid-coach and generally far enough back to pick up signals from your toad.
Old 04-10-2020, 02:53 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Lt Dan. I thought about that area in our closet where our HDMI splitters and fan is located, but we’ve gone through a few sets of splitters (that thankfully Tiffin has always replaced at no cost) so didn’t want to take the chance of loosing any of the tv’s due to moving something that would cause a loss of signal. Lol When I take the rv in for an oil change I might have Camping World tie it into the 7 pin connector.

Ernieh. Yes, that CO detector has 12v wiring. That’s a great idea also! 👍🏼

I did successfully setup the monitor with all 10 sensors and everything seems to work fine. Of course right now the Jeep is parked in front of the rv, but after the unit recognizes the sensors (maybe 4-5 minutes) it worked perfectly. As a precaution I probably will introduce the repeater with one of above suggestions.

Thanks again for everyone’s input! Be safe!
Steve
Old 04-10-2020, 03:06 PM   #8

Hi Steve, on my Red I installed it in the chassis battery compartment and hooked it up to the chassis batteryies
Old 04-10-2020, 07:32 PM   #9

mounted mine in the engine compartment facing toad wired it to the 12v power in the 7 way flat then it only comes on when the key is on.
Old 04-10-2020, 09:32 PM   #10

I just mounted the booster right on the Cadillac SRX in the engine compartment and it sends the signal to the receiver on my motorhome dash. Never looses signal.
weighit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 09:14 AM   #11

Forest River Owners Club
What is a TST

I new at this. What is this equipment? Thanks
jrj89134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 10:27 AM   #12

I have got the STS on my 37' Bus and with the single antenna on it the toad tires would drop off periodically. I put the extender antenna on in place of the single antenna and I now get all 10 tires with no problem.
gorgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 02:21 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cataska View Post
mounted mine in the engine compartment facing toad wired it to the 12v power in the 7 way flat then it only comes on when the key is on.
+1 I did the same thing. It's only on when ignition is on.
curtsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 03:14 PM   #14

Just out of curiosity, have you actually placed a sensor as far behind your MH as you would need to see if the monitor picks it up without having to use the repeater? Our unit is 35' long and we tow a Jeep JKS behind it with the tire monitor - ll works well without the repeater. I keep it in a storage area in case I ever need it.
HighDesert is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
allegro, install