Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-05-2022, 08:09 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
TV Antenna Question

I just recently traded up to an Allegro Bus 45OPP. I can not get my TV's to search and find local over the air channels. Reading the owners manual it describes the antenna booster as being in the right side front cabinet. I do not find any switches at all on the right side cabinets. On the left side there is a switch that toggles between antenna and wifi. I toggle it to antenna and nothing still happens. Anyone else have the same problem? I have tried this in an area with strong over the air signals, so that is not the issue. Is there something I am not doing or aware of. Thanks for listening.

frank
fcurci is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-05-2022, 09:01 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Depending on the year model, you should have a plate with two pushbutton switches that say Antenna and Cable. On ours it's in the right front cabinet above the dash. Make sure you have Antenna selected then on your TV's you have to go to the system setup and run a channel search on each TV. The cable side is for a park cable setup connected in the wet bay. I don't know what the Antenna/WiFi switch is for unless you have the Winegard Connect.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 05:49 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcurci View Post
I just recently traded up to an Allegro Bus 45OPP. I can not get my TV's to search and find local over the air channels. Reading the owners manual it describes the antenna booster as being in the right side front cabinet. I do not find any switches at all on the right side cabinets. On the left side there is a switch that toggles between antenna and wifi. I toggle it to antenna and nothing still happens. Anyone else have the same problem? I have tried this in an area with strong over the air signals, so that is not the issue. Is there something I am not doing or aware of. Thanks for listening.

frank
Following. I have the same issue in my 2022 Allegro Bus 35CP.
bsedor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 06:19 AM   #4

On my old 2000 Winnebago I have to have the antenna booster on or it will not get any reception. Mine has a brown plate the size of an electical cover with a push button on it. I have no idea what the newer ones have but that's how all of mine have been.
Old 07-08-2022, 08:16 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Following, we have the same issue.
medcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 04:03 AM   #6

I have a rocker switch above the driver's seat that is labeled Wifi-Antenna. I know that when it's set to Antenna there is no power to the Winegard router on the roof (Denali router).

It doesn't seem to turn on an Antenna booster however. The manual says that it should.

Bob
Old 07-09-2022, 05:04 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Bob, just like you I have the same rocker switch that toggles between antenna and Wi-Fi and I agree it does nothing for the antenna. The manual describes a cable/antenna switch in a cabinet on the right side front of the bus. Just like you there is no switch there. I still havenít found an answer and am trying to connect with tech support at Tiffin. Iíll keep you posted if I find anything out.
fcurci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 05:07 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
I realize it's a new coach and others on the thread with the same issue are in newer coaches so this may not be the cause, but when I had the issue, on my new coach at the time (3 month old coach), it was the booster that failed. Tiffin had to replace it. I still have no idea where the booster is. I don't see it in the cabinet. I see the antenna on the roof, but they told me it was the booster. I didn't bother doing any more research because it worked after they fixed it. Hopefully your issue is simply knowledge in the setup and you figure it out.
Part Timers-Looking Fwd to being Anytimers
thegats1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 04:06 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:

frank
We do not have the wi-fi booster but have a brown switch on the cabinet over the driver. On the right side of the switch there is a push button. It has to be pushed in to turn the booster on.
Old 07-10-2022, 04:40 AM   #10

Quote:
Bob, just like you I have the same rocker switch that toggles between antenna and Wi-Fi and I agree it does nothing for the antenna. The manual describes a cable/antenna switch in a cabinet on the right side front of the bus. Just like you there is no switch there. I still havenít found an answer and am trying to connect with tech support at Tiffin. Iíll keep you posted if I find anything out.
Thanks. I will report back if I find out anything also. I am wondering if they didn't install the booster due to supply chain issues.

Bob
Old 07-10-2022, 05:52 AM   #11

My open road has the A-B switch. The A setting is for all rooftop receivers eg satellite and over-the-air TV. B switch basement Satellite tripod or camp cabel feed.
Old 07-12-2022, 04:30 PM   #12

Here too. New Tiffin Allegro Bus 40IP. Toggle switches etc, to no avail.
GeoNor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 01:11 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Satelite Radio Antenna Location

Friends, does anyone know the specific location where Tiffin placed the small hockey puck size antenna for the JVC Sirrus Satelite Radio.????
jerryd13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 01:59 PM   #14

My 2013 open road red has two coax outlets in the electric bay….. of course unlabeled… and loose
Looking under the coach I see a white and a black coaxial cable going into a spray foam covered junction box….
No idea … I am assuming one is cable in… the other may be sat #2 or tripod (whatever that means)
BEACH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna