RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-17-2020, 10:44 AM   #1

TV Frustrations

2020 Allegro 32sa
My apologies if this been addressed before! The issue I am having is with all four tvs in the unit can be controlled by one remote (not a bad thing if one is misplaced). But...more than not, the remote will control multiple tvs at the same time. I will turn on the tv in the main salon and the tv will also turn on the the bedroom or the drivers area. I have also experienced the remote turning on tvs while changing channels. The outside tv has experienced the same. I am a night owl and my wife go to bed early and have been woken by the tv turning on. I have reviewed the tv functions and have been unsuccessful eliminating the issue. I try very hard to point the remote away from direction of the other tvs but it just doesn't help. Is there something I am missing? Any input would be appreciated!
Thank you in advance.
rcoddman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2020, 10:50 AM   #2

I have been successful using my body as a shield in our living area where there are two TVs. A small piece of tape over the IR eye on the TV will also work.
W.J. Demo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 10:53 AM   #3

IR signals will bounce off of walls and such. I can typically turn my TV on/off pointing the remote at the ceiling.

My only suggestion would be to use a Fire Stick or some other streaming device as much as possible. The remote for the Fire Stick is radiowave and paired to each device you have. It should control all the other functions of your TV (but I don't think it allow you to watch live TV with that remote).

We also use a computer connected to the TV which has shows downloaded to it before we leave. That though requires the regular remote.
Goodspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 05:14 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
I solved this problem by replacing the front TV with a different brand - LG. The bedroom TV had been changed to a VISIO by its prior owner. Now the only TVs that can share a remote are the midship and outside units. Of course, our front TV was a 10 year old 37” unit and a new 43” unit fits in the same space - smaller bezel - so we refreshed our look too.
Old 10-21-2020, 10:24 AM   #5

My wife gets around this between the front and dash TVs by getting close to the one she wants to look at and then using the remote. A hassle, but it works for her.
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 10:30 AM   #6

There is a setting on Samsung TV's that you can change to stop the remotes doing things on other TV's but I am not at the coach now and have no Samsung brand in my S&B. so can't tell you which one it is. It worked on mine when the outside TV was being turned on by the main salon TV's remote.
2004 Blue Bird M380 (sold)
RonLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 10:41 AM   #7

Some, including myself, have minimized the "bounce effect" with a piece(s) of black electrical tape placed near the ir sensor on the TV. The goal is to narrow the view angle of that sensor. The idea came to me from one of the techs at Red Bay.

Tags
rust