Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-25-2020, 10:58 AM   #1

TV wars

My wife and I were enjoying the evening, watching a recording on our DirecTV in our 2014 Phaeton last Sunday when all of a sudden it began switching channels and deleting our recordings. I thought we were hacked by the Russians! I spent two hours with DirecTV and they sent a new Genie DVR but when I changed it out, same problem. We were battling with someone over control of our TV every evening. We finally discovered that it was the neighbors next door in a Tiffin Allegro. It seems that their Infra Red extenders (receivers) are on the same frequency as our IR transmitter in the electronics cabinet. Even though our Genie DVR was on Radio Frequency Remote control it still picks up IR signals. Fixed it with Duck Tape over the IR emitters.

I hope this helps someone else with this very rare problem.
reharlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2020, 11:01 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Good to know, thanks
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 11:12 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
WOW !!! I would have hated to lose all HER recordings (Somehow it's my fault )
Old 01-25-2020, 01:29 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
What are the odds with 52 channels on the IR repeaters that your close neighbor would be on the same channel. That sounds like my kind of luck!
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 01:38 PM   #5

There are only so many channels . . . or keys.

In a previous life I worked at a VW dealership. I was handed a workorder and keys and told to pull the heads on a beetle. I went out to the lot, drove the car in, and began pulling the engine. My supervisor came screaming in asking what the heck I thought I was doing. I showed him the workorder and he really came unglued. We had two identical beetles on the lot, same color, same year, same key. My proper target was already in a different bay getting a brake job . . .
rodekyll is offline   Reply With Quote