Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-14-2021, 07:10 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Two Issues

1. Intermittent retraction of front hydraulic slides and stabilization jacks when getting ready to leave campsite. After several cycles of ignition on/off everything appears okay. I checked fuses, is there anything else I need to be aware of?

2. Rear camera fuzzy, pixelating and blacks out. Left and right cameras work fine. Checked rear camera connection at rear of coach and appears fine, connection at dash monitor is solid. Still waiting for a call back from Triple Vision, am I looking at purchasing a new camera? Is their a non-Triple Vision replacement?

Appreciate any advice, thank you.
medcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2021, 07:16 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Your hydraulic symptoms sound like the master solenoid is not making contact. I had the same symptoms until I tracked the problem down to the solenoid and replaced it. Below is a document that may help.

Look under the dash for a control module that switches the cameras from right to left, etc with the turn signals. It will have three to four RCA type plugs and a couple of wires from the turn signals. It's very common for the plugs to work loose and not make good contact. Had the same symptoms in our Allegro RED and reseating the plugs and wrapping it with some tape fixed the problem.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HWH-Hydraulics.pdf (465.1 KB, 45 views)
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 01:42 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Thank you

I checked all the cabling to the back-up camera, reseated and taped all connections, works like a champ.

Raining outside so I will have to wait to check the master solenoid, if it does turn out to be faulty and I need to replace it do I turn the house batteries off before disconnecting?

Thanks again for your help.
Old 09-14-2021, 02:52 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks to LT Dan, I was able to replace the corroded solenoid per the directions he cites above. Yes, I turned off both master battery switches and turned off pedestal power prior to disconnecting the solenoid. Easy peezy.

I'm having a similar problem with my rear camera. How did you access the plugs? I can't seem to figure out how to get to them.
ValionRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 07:35 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
I removed the panel above the navigation and camera screen on top of the dashboard, held in place with round Velcro tabs. Trace wire coming from back of camera monitor and you will find a clump of wires held by zip ties, cut the zip ties and unravel the wires, they will be labeled camera 1,2,3 respectively. Coming out of the main connection are some RCA plug, they are not connected to anything. Remove tape from connectors reseat and retape bundle back up. You should be done.
Old 09-15-2021, 09:47 PM   #6
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValionRV View Post
I'm having a similar problem with my rear camera. How did you access the plugs? I can't seem to figure out how to get to them.
On your Phaeton you will probably have to remove the drawer under the radio. There are four screws holding the whole drawer assembly in place. Pull the drawer and enclosure out and the wiring should be behind there under the radio.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 10:29 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks LT. I'll give that a try and report back.
ValionRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 05:21 AM   #8

Hyd slide intermittent proplem

Been having similar intermittent problems with just one hyd slide, front driver side, the other and level jacks will work fine at the time but the one slide may not. could be in and not got out or vice versa. Usually if I leave it and then come back to it later it will work after a couple tries. Doesn't seem like it would be the main solenoid if others work at same time. It looks like there are individual cylindrical solenoids for each jack or slide. Anyone know how to trouble shoot them?

2010 allegro open road 35QBA

Thanks
Dave
dstewart1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 05:11 PM   #9

I had a problem with one jack not coming up when we collected our 2011 Open Road 34TGA
Turned out to be a sick solenoid. Obviously sticking closed and not letting the fuild passed in on retract.
Easy way to test is feel if any of the solenoids get hot when you are trying to use the functions
Rodsrv is offline   Reply With Quote