Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2022, 06:31 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Two Part Question...

First, a detailed question (we bought a 2017 Wayfarer a couple days ago) :

"After driving home from Wisconsin to Alabama and doing full-out camping for a couple nights ... my touch screen won't operate here in my driveway. It's just 'blank'. I started the engine and engaged the e-brake so I could extend the slide-outs, but can't get control panel to operate. How do I troubleshoot this problem?"

Second, a general question about using the IRV2 forum:

"If want to find information on the site, such as solving the above issue, is there a repository of existing information? How do I access this info?"
Yooper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2022, 06:52 AM   #2

I don't know how to operate your RV.

There is a search box at the top of every page on iRV2. Choosing appropriate search words can be a challenge.
Persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 08:10 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
OP here. It appears the unit must be powered up (electrical or generator) for the control panel to operate....which makes sense. I thought I extended the slides once just using auto battery. Probably not.
Old 03-21-2022, 08:22 AM   #4

Do you have the manuals for the coach? If not, it’s possible. Some manuals may have been uploaded to the Files section of this board - and files for a lot of the “add-on” equipment may be there as well. I strongly urge you to download and read those manuals - they will take you a long way in asking pertinent questions and what search terms to use.

If the coach and/or chassis manuals are not there, then it’s time to start searching. Keep in mind, there will be manuals for the coach, and manuals for the chassis. Both are important to have, and when you post a question on this board, it’s always best to qualify which of the two, coach or chassis or both, your problem lays.

Adding such detail to your signature or your profile helps.
Old 03-21-2022, 11:55 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper2 View Post
OP here. It appears the unit must be powered up (electrical or generator) for the control panel to operate....which makes sense. I thought I extended the slides once just using auto battery. Probably not.
I may be wrong as I don’t own a Wayfarer, but the control panel is probably operated on 12 volt and should not need outside AC power. You mentioned full out camping, would that have been dry camping? If so your house Batteries might be low or your inverter is off line. Hopefully someone with your rig will chime in.
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 07:46 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
I agree with garykk. Verify the inverter is on.
Old 03-21-2022, 07:48 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
House battery voltage ok?

12v switch, if exists, by the entry door turned on?
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 09:11 PM   #8
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Yooper --- to answer the second part of your question. Near the top of the page is a search box. Make sure you have the iRV2.com highlighted, then post key words and you will find articles related to your question. If you don't find what you're looking for modify the search words.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 02:36 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by garykk View Post
You mentioned full out camping, would that have been dry camping? If so your house Batteries might be low or your inverter is off line. Hopefully someone with your rig will chime in.
We spent two nights in the Tiffin (one small FMCA Park near Cincinnati and a State Park in Tennessee), both with full hook-ups. Looking forward to boondocking/dry camping soon.

The inverter was definitely OFF when I tried extending the slides.

Still working on getting my "signature" set-up.
Old 03-22-2022, 03:26 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper2 View Post

Still working on getting my "signature" set-up.

Yooper -

To set-up/edit your signature, click on “UserCP” in the bar bar near the top of the page.
On the left hand side you’ll see a vertical bar for User Control Panel Options.
Scroll down and you”ll find a link to “Edit Signature”.
Old 03-29-2022, 06:52 PM   #11

In our 2019 Wayfarer, the “battery” switch by the door must be in the “on” position. If it’s off, the Spyder panel will be off along with almost everything else that is running on 12V (thats the purpose of the switch!).

Our slide definitely works off of 12V (without being hooked up to shore power). We do it all the time.
Old 03-29-2022, 10:06 PM   #12

If you haven't already, and are on facebook, you may want to join the Tiffin Wayfarer on Sprinter Chassis Owners Technical Forum. Specific to Wayfarers only and lots of technical help available. The IRV2 forums contain a lot of valuable information, but you may find the facebook group better suited to your specific needs, There is a search function there also. Look for spyder panel
mrdrmagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 05:46 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerJake View Post
In our 2019 Wayfarer, the “battery” switch by the door must be in the “on” position. If it’s off, the Spyder panel will be off along with almost everything else that is running on 12V (thats the purpose of the switch!).

Our slide definitely works off of 12V (without being hooked up to shore power). We do it all the time.

Farmer Jake... wish I would have stumbled on your advice 3.5 hours ago! The switch by the door solved our 12V issues. Thank you!!
Javalinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 10:48 PM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Another valuable resource is TRVN - Tiffin RV Network. The Wayfarer posts go back to 2017. https://www.tiffinrvnetwork.com/forum/index.php
Larry F. is offline   Reply With Quote