Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-07-2010, 07:47 PM   #1

Unused chair

In our Allegro we have a swivel chair behind the front passenger that we rarely use. When it is used, it seems too close to the front chair and uncomfortable. We also bring a few niegborhood kids that sleep on the floor. If this chair wasn't there, we might have a little more room to get around. I was thinking of removing it but wanted to know if anyone else has done this and would like your thoughts.

Thanks
RottenRalph is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2010, 08:16 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by RottenRalph View Post
I was thinking of removing it but wanted to know if anyone else has done this and would like your thoughts.
If thine chair offed thee, pluck it out!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:34 PM   #3

Solo Rvers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I removed mine and put a TV stand for my Flat screen there. The bolts go all the way through the floor and into the comp below. Bit of a job, but worth it. Makes the capt. chair a lot more comfee when it's turned around....Happy trails..
FATMANAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:50 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
We've got a rocker/recliner in the same place that I've been thinking of removing. It's bulky, stiff, it dents the day/night shade behind it when it's locked down for travel & when I pull it out from it's travel position, it takes up too much room in the aisleway. I've sat in it, maybe, twice in the past 4 years. If I recline to watch the over-dash TV, I feel like I'm gonna tumble into the step-well. It's really a worthless piece of furniture.

I'd like to get rid of ours, too, & put some kind of fold down laptop work table there that I could access from the swivel co-pilot seat. It would also be a good place for a shoe mat, as I don't have a good place to put shoes when I come in from outside.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:07 AM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Scott, we have the same floor plan in our 2004 Allegro, and we removed the chair you referred to long ago. It just was not functional in that location. I have since located a flat screen TV directly across from the couch against the wall in the spot formerly occupied by the chair. Works for us.

Dieselclacker
dieselclacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 07:20 PM   #6

Thanks folks. To the attic she goes! At least for now.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:40 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
I have an 08 32Ba Fred and we move that chair when when set up camp. It's just the DW and I most of the time. But I like moving the chair near the DW. It only takes a second to secure for travel. Remember to put sliders under the legs so you don't mark up the floor. Get rid of it.... no we put it to use.
Dan
Old 06-09-2010, 08:16 PM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If that is the kind of chair I think it is there is a large ring for a base with a pair of bolts holding it to the floor with big "Wing" type heads (or Knobs)

It is supposed to be removed and re-positioned during set up, that is the "Transport" position it is in. The chair is free standing in normal use.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:15 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Smile

It's designed to be set up. If you don't want to use coasters or floor protectors just put some duct tape under the five legs. We use it even on 2 day weekends. Put it in the attic... no we use it too much!

Dan
Old 06-11-2010, 07:08 AM   #10

My chair is not portable. It's bolted (used to be)to the floor with 4-1/2" bolts. Some of you have givin me the idea to make it portable but for now its out.

Thanks again.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:12 AM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
i have an older coach, a 99 allegro 33'. my swivel chair comes right out. i've removed it completely and replaced it with a dog crate since i user my rv for dog shows. i fold down the crate when parked and have plenty of walking around room with the dogs.
Arlene
arlenehp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:47 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
When I bought my new to me 06 Allegro Bay, the chair was missing. I measured the space and went out and bought a Lazy Boy recliner. When we travel, we move it back against the wall. When we stop, I pullit out about a foor, or for long term use, move it next to the table facing the front to watch tv. In this position, it leaves enough space to move around with the slide open and it is close to the fridge, for cool beverages, or if I can persuade the Dw, I don,t have to even get up.