Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-08-2012, 07:15 PM   #1

Valve stem extenders

Many of you have probably read my story about valve stem extenders on my 2012 Allegro 35QBA. Many, if not all Allegro 2012 Motorhome models have left the assembly line with valve extenders that are to long. Because they are too long they flop around, destroying the rubber stem support. I did contact Tiffin and described the issue and they told me they were aware of the problem and were ordering shorter valve stem extenders. I am pleased to announce Tiffin sent me and my neighbor two kits which I have yet to install. If you want to order your own call Gary Harris at Tiffin.
sbranen is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2012, 06:06 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
For what it's worth, anything attached to the valve stem, such as extenders and sensors, is another place to leak air. The only air loss I ever dealt with on tires was when a sensor I added leaked. My solution, put sensors inside tires or don't use them. I carry a short braided hose to use for checking tires which I attach temporarily to the inside dual to check it. Takes a moment to do, but seems to work for me.
Grn_Mtn_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:11 AM   #3

I, too, have a 2012 Allegro 35QBA and within 4 weeks of delivery, the rubber holders on the valve extenders were shot. Tiffin sent new kits to me and I took them to the dealer for installation with some other necessary repairs.

Tiffin and my dealer, Stoltfus RV and Marine in West Chester PA have provided excellent service for my rig. Thank you.
jdwindt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 05:21 PM   #4

This post is for all of you with a 2012 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 35 QBA, or actually any year and model for that matter. For some time now I had been noticing my right rear cargo door at the rear of my Motohome scraping the upper railing when I would open and close it. There was also a larger gap between the back cargo door and the one next it where the top of the doors come together than at the bottom. I also noticed as I looked across the top of my other cargo doors on the passenger side, that the doors no longer lined up anymore. The body paint on the doors was also mismatched looking and not aligned. I called Tiffin and they gave me the phone number of two of their west coast representatives. After explaining the problem I was told to take the rig to their factory authorized repair facility in Chino. Their repair people found no fewer than five different locations where the welds holding the storage compartment framework to the coach had broken lose. They had to jack up the entire storage compartment and it's frame to re -weld and add extra supporting metal. At the same time this was happening I also found the front door support screws that go around the entire outside frame of the entry door were vibrating loose. I would tighten them and they would come loose again within a few hundred miles. The repair people replaced all the screws with rivets. They said I should never have the problem again. Tiffin paid for all the repairs because their framing is guaranteed for 10 years. The man who runs the facility said other Motorhomes have suffered this same repair problem.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:05 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Hi...what is the name of the facility that is factory authorized in Chino , CA
Do you know the address?

Thanks
Robbie
RLK. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 12:38 AM   #6

M&M, 5787 McCully Street, Chino, Ca, 91710. 909-627-6000. Ask for Dave.