Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-12-2017, 11:11 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Video Splitter in 2017 31SA

I was haveing a heck of a time trying to figure out why I lost ALL of my inputs to the TV's. Gave up and call the Dealer (Stoltzfus RV West Chester PA) Drove there so the tech could LOOK at it. He explained to me the SPLITTERS in the mystery box inside the wardrobe when BAD and Tiffin is no longer using that brand. Long story longer, ordered new splitters. When they come they will install.
GREAT DEALER!

just an FYI for everyone
tjvogtiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2017, 11:37 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
I am also waiting for my new splitters. They are using a different brand with 12v power supplies instead of the old 5v. These are supposed to run cooler and the power supplies are supposed to last. Guess we will see.
skeet4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 11:57 AM   #3
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjvogtiii View Post
I was haveing a heck of a time trying to figure out why I lost ALL of my inputs to the TV's. Gave up and call the Dealer (Stoltzfus RV West Chester PA) Drove there so the tech could LOOK at it. He explained to me the SPLITTERS in the mystery box inside the wardrobe when BAD and Tiffin is no longer using that brand. Long story longer, ordered new splitters. When they come they will install.
GREAT DEALER! just an FYI for everyone
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet4me View Post
I am also waiting for my new splitters. They are using a different brand with 12v power supplies instead of the old 5v. These are supposed to run cooler and the power supplies are supposed to last. Guess we will see.
They do run cooler and they are now installing them without a power supply. They connect directly to the 12v, so that's one problem eliminated. They installed the new style in our '17 Phaeton and after they run for hours they are barely warm to the touch. It's so much better than the ones that were in our RED that got so hot you couldn't hold your hand on them. When your dealer installs them, you might see if they can hook them to the 12v and eliminate the power supplies in the cabinet. They do put a 12v switch in the cabinet now that kills the splitters and the fan in place of the 120v switch that was used.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 01:56 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Power Supply for new splitters

Tiffin sent me two new splitters, The new ones. They come ready for a hard wire connection for hook up. They also sent power supplies for the units. I used power supplies. Dennis
DennisJM is offline   Reply With Quote