Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-24-2021, 02:27 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
WA to AL transport of Tiffin factory repair

My 2019 tiffin has severe fiberglass cracking below two opposing slides, front cap delaminating. The fiberglass flaws are apparently severe enough that Tiffin says the class a rig I own must go back to factory. My concern is they save money on the 40k fiberglass repair and I have a rig driven at who knows what speed that adds 7 k in miles to my rig. This then pushes it into excessive miles for my 2019 that I bought new. Anyone have transport recommendations?
magbrowning is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2021, 03:13 PM   #2

It's driven or truck flatbed, take your choice. Either way is not going to be cheap with the present shortage of qualified, insured drivers. Don't worry about the mileage and speeds, in five years it won't make any difference. Mileage is not a consideration in DP values. In fact, a DP with mileage is preferable to one with low miles. They are not like cars.
Old 11-24-2021, 07:19 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks. I have a gasser. Tiffin is paying transport since the front cap is falling off and the slides roll out while driving also the fiberglass sheeting below have significant stress fractures.. Basically an 18 mo rv is structurally falling apart.
Old 11-24-2021, 08:50 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by magbrowning View Post
My 2019 tiffin has severe fiberglass cracking below two opposing slides, front cap delaminating. The fiberglass flaws are apparently severe enough that Tiffin says the class a rig I own must go back to factory. My concern is they save money on the 40k fiberglass repair and I have a rig driven at who knows what speed that adds 7 k in miles to my rig. This then pushes it into excessive miles for my 2019 that I bought new. Anyone have transport recommendations?

These are professional drivers. Tiffin don’t hire entry level drivers. Their reputation is on the line.

The MH will not fall apart if they go over the speed limits. They are paying for the fuel. I wouldn’t worry about it.
jlturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 10:46 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to jkorn
Quote:
Thanks. I have a gasser. Tiffin is paying transport since the front cap is falling off and the slides roll out while driving also the fiberglass sheeting below have significant stress fractures.. Basically an 18 mo rv is structurally falling apart.
You should add to your signature what model you own. Helps others help you. Jeff.
jkorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 03:05 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
I have a 2019, bought new, 34pa gasser. The massive spider to deep under opposing slide fiberglas. Fractures began at 9 months and 4k miles. The basement began rusting. The front cap at 6 mo began separating on passenger side. The delamunation occurred at 14 mo. Slide popping up and sliding out began at 10 mo. YeS it was serviced. I was told it is impossible for slides to come out in transit and I was making this up. The fiberglass fractures I was told was normal. Delamination excuse was it was a clear coat overlap wrinkle on front gri.
Old 11-25-2021, 07:40 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
No other way to say it, that sucks. I can only imaging how you feel about all of this and then having to send it back to the factory to make it right. Obviously you can't be there when they work on it to make sure it is all correct before they send it back to you. You are going to have to rely on a lot of pictures and the word of the person you are dealing with. Good luck with getting this resolved, I hope it all goes well.
brandss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 06:52 AM   #8

Tiffin will probably do a delivery in your area and have that driver pick up your MH and drive it back to Red Bay. Tiffin did this when my brothers MH needed to go back to the factory
Old 11-28-2021, 06:44 AM   #9

Quote:

It would sure be interesting to see some photos of these areas. We also own a 2019.
Ken
KenJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 03:20 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Please keep us updated on your situation. Terrible thing to have happen. Good luck and hope you can find safe transport. Not to mention traveling in winter from WA.
jubilee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 12:23 AM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Photos

These pics were taken by my phone. The light streaks and dark lines I have tried to arrow. The cracks are much deeper and longer than the attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20211130_075342~2.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	176.6 KB
ID:	350444   Click image for larger version

Name:	20211130_075355~4.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	169.4 KB
ID:	350445  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20211130_075355~2.jpg