Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-10-2018, 09:10 AM   #1

Wastewater disposal hose

I have a 2013 allegro breeze. The adapter under the coach is very low. When I connect my hose it is impossible to make it go downhill or put a catapillar mechanism under it to make it go down hill. Does this matter. I always have to drain and then pick up my hose to drain the hose completely.
Dswths is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-10-2018, 12:03 PM   #2

Assuming you are draining only when the tank(s) is full, it shouldn't be an issue except for the extra work. As long as there is enough down-flow/pressure coming out of the tank to empty it completely and send it to the outlet in the ground. It's almost impossible not to have that as high as the tank itself is up inside the rig. Black first - gray last.
Old 02-10-2018, 01:09 PM   #3

Gulf Streamers Club
With the hose not being able to drain completely without help, I'd only dump when the tank is near full. That shouldn't be an issue, it's actually better to use the full 'current' of the gravity induced flow to carry all solids out of the tank. I don't think you have a problem. When you have to lift the hose to empty it out, you're only draining gray water which you use to flush the hose after dumping the black tank, right?

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 01:21 PM   #4

I just use the sewer hose. No support needed. I don't subscribe to the idea that the tank needs to be full. I drain when a dump is available. No problem in 18 years.
Old 02-10-2018, 03:50 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Not really sure about your drain setup but from photos it looks similar to the one on our Phaeton where the drain connection normally faces down from the factory and the drain hose passes thru the wetbay floor. Do you know that the drain connection between the black and grey shut offs can be rotated out so the drain hose is coming out the wet bay doorway? I also used a straight clear plastic connection so I could see when the black tank was flushed.
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 03:57 PM   #6

We have a similar problem when in our spot in Fl. Our coach sits low to start with and where we are in Fl, on a farm, our spot isn't on a pad just stone. Our hose comes out the bottom of the wet bay and I place some wood 2x6 under the hose and the fall just makes it to the sewer port. We co have the caterpillar hose support but this site we can't use it unless we leave the door open and come out the door with the hose. With the cold this year I haven't done that.
2000 Country Coach Allure #30476
2007 Subaru Outback
Winters in Ocala, summers in Pa and North East US.
funjnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 10:48 PM   #7

I also have an Allegro Breeze. Mine is 2015. It is also low, and it would be impossible to rotate the drain out the bay door. Instead, I often raise the entire rig with the leveling controls in order to dump when there is a curb, a slight Hill, or a long run.
- David
dmanpearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 11:35 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Our Phaeton is low. Never use a hose stand. If CG requires hose stand I only pull out the hose when dumping. When dumping walk the hose once or twice to ensure empty. No big deal IMHO.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 10:29 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
My phaeton has a low outlet also. I do the same as Vince. You just gotta be careful to lift the hose strategically to make sure it is empty before unhooking from either end.

BTW - I figgered this out the hard way.....

Regards.

Chuck
Old 02-20-2018, 10:16 PM   #10

I have the same problem most of the time with my Breeze. Rarely have used anything to support the hose. I just lay the hose on the ground. I dump the black then close the valve and start the back flush. I then drain the gray tank. I then go back to the black tank to open the valve. Just as you stated I keep picking the hose up to drain it. It works easier if you leave a valve open.

Both tanks are at least 18 inches above the ground. I leave the gray open between black tank dumps. It a pain but generally easier.

I have fired up the engine and raised the coach to its maximum height. Some times you can get enough height to put in the expanding slop critter. I don’t use this method during what I consider quiet hours.
kz08h5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water