Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-01-2015, 11:30 PM   #15

Seeing my Red being built!!

Happy New Year!!!! I have tried to post some of the pictures of my Red being manufactured but I'm having issues posting them!!! Any suggestions?? I tried to post them but when I go back to see if they are there I do not see them any idea?? As an update I spoke with Red Bay just before Christmas and my Red should be completed by the first completed week of 2015, I will try to go back one more time to see the finished unit and check on the things that needed to be completed I will keep everyone posted !!!!!! Happy New Year and Safe Travel in 2015!!!!
Grandcanyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2015, 01:55 PM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandcanyon View Post
Hello Friends!!!! Well I'm at Red Bay this week watching my baby being built, today my first day at the plant I saw my MH from just having the wood floor to having three walls up by the time they were done today. It's a great experiance and I recommend this to anyone that has a unit ordered, you not only learn how it's built but you can see where most of the hidden things are and at least you may be able to get to it if you can remember some of it, I'm taking movies for the most part. One thing I guess because business has been so good for Tiffin lately there are quite a few new employes, not that this is a bad thing but you can tell who is new and who has been there a long time! The electrician that was working on my unit today has been with Tiffin 23 years and you can tell he can do what he was doing with his eyes closed!! Then there was this other person working on the pluming and you can tell she really did not know what she was doing, she was installing one of the toilets and apparently the plate base that was on the floor was not straight and it was glued, she pulled and twisted the plate that was glued to the drain pipe of the toilet and of course there was no way she was going to move this and because it was glued she actually tore the ears where the bolts to the toilet sits and she was going to drill a hole so that she can still use this same piece, well I had to interfere and told another plumer that was looking at the mess she was making to replace the piece and he did it right away, later when they were installing the back cabinet I saw that it was installed crooked but I wanted to see if someone would catch it and guess what! When the Quality person came by that was the very first thing he caught and had them take it down and redo it, that was encouraging!!! Well now I have the rear bath complete, the half bath done and three walls completed!!! Back tomorrow early in the morning!!!
That is absolutely awesome, hope that I can do that in the future. Would love to see pics!