Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-30-2015, 11:37 AM   #1

Water pump lights will not go off

I just finished a 4 hour drive and was stopping for the day. After turning everything off I noticed the red light was on on all my water pump switches. When I pressed on the buttons to turn them off they just stayed on. They go out when I turn the twelve volt button off but come back on when I switch 12 volt on.
Any sugestions
Dswths is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-30-2015, 01:04 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Model and year please.

Any switch will turn on all lights. Any switch will turn off all lights. Tiffin uses a latching relay to control the pump and the lights (at least in the Phaeton and Bus models). The Open Road Models use a different system.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 01:49 PM   #3

I have a 2013 allegro breeze
Y
Old 12-30-2015, 03:00 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dswths View Post
I have a 2013 allegro breeze
Y
If your switches are momentary and press in the same direction for on and off, you have a latching relay. TMH usually locates them near the pump in the wet bay, often behind the trim. You can usually reach up behind the trim and find the relay.

The switches simply ground one of the pins on the relay, so it's possible that the plug may just be loose. The relay is about the size of a cigarette pack and has a connector with several wires attached. You may be able to follow the wires from your pump to the relay.
Old 12-31-2015, 03:36 PM   #5

I found the relay and one was loose. I tightened everything up, but the lights on the switch still remain on?
Old 12-31-2015, 06:13 PM   #6

I have a similar problem with my switches. One of them is intermittent and wont turn off the pump unless i "snap" the switch a couple times. Probably dirty/corroded contacts in the switch.
Old 12-31-2015, 08:22 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Look in your wet bay[water and sewer drain] looking into the bay left side wall fill behind it you will find the water pump controller,this is what activates your pump, Google, Intellitec MRX LOW Side 10amp latching controller, It may have gotten wet and shorted, If you replace it move it to the front of the wall near the top and this will stop your problems!!They are cheap and easy to replace !! Hope this helps you!! Dudley Parkin
Aldine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lights, water, water pump