Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-03-2011, 01:18 PM   #1

Water Pump Relay

I am having a problem with my water pump switches. The red light that shows that the fresh water pump circuit is active comes on by itself from time to time. All pump indicator lights are on simultaneously as if someone has pressed the pump switch. I can push the switch and hold it for a few seconds and the light goes out. But usually comes on again very soon. I suspect a bad pump relay. Can anyone tell me where this relay is located on a Tiffen Allegro Bus 2005?
yudamann is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2011, 09:08 PM   #2

I think that relay is located in the wet bay behind the the plastic panel that the outside shower is mounted on. Steve
steved44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 06:29 PM   #3

Yudamann.

If you have the same light switches as our 2011 Bus I find we are always turning the water pump on by accident. I wrote Tiffin and suggested they either remove the water pump switch from the light switch panel or install a separate pump cutoff switch.

I would frequently see that the red water pump light was on in the service bay and we were connected to shore water with no need for the pump to be on.

I went to the outside service bay and cut one of the electrical wires leading to the water pump then installed a single throw (OFF /ON) switch in the circuit. Now regardless how many times I accidently turn the pump on by hitting the wrong switch on the light panel the pump won't come on unless I turn it on outside.
NorCal Hal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water