Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-12-2017, 05:44 PM   #1

Water tank over flow tubes or Busted Pipe?

I was starting out this A.M. for a short overnight trip. I had drained the water tank several months ago (at least that was my intention). As the water tank started filling, water started coming out of two flex plastic pipes and running on to the asphalt below. The location of the leaking pipes is about 10' back of the front axle, passenger side underneath the kitchen sink. The kitchen sink was not issuing any water. The leaking client is a 2000 Allegro Bus 32' with Freightliner chassis. This is a new RV to me and I perhaps had some water valves in the wrong position. When I bought the Bus, I received no manuals of any type. Pictures were taken from underneath looking forward to the front of the Bus. Blue wire is going forwardto the Scan Gauge in the cab. Your thoughts are appreciated...D-D-K
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	First phone pics 018.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	231.0 KB
ID:	151693   Click image for larger version

Name:	bus leak 1.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	248.1 KB
ID:	151694  

Click image for larger version

Name:	bus leak two.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	240.8 KB
ID:	151695  
D-D-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2017, 05:58 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Those appear to be the hot and cold low point drains. Which does mean there are two valves somewhere you need to close.
dabrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 06:28 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
yup... and I'd start looking under the sink by outside wall.

jim
viewfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 07:26 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
I have a 2000 Allegro Bus 35R. Most of my valves are in the Water and waste water bay on the Drivers side. My fresh water tank appears to be in the same place as yours, via your picture. The two tubes you show, are they inboard of the Passenger side bays? I have dug around under the sink and around the water heater and have not seen any valves. So I am interested in any updates you have and in the morning I will take a better look at my unit to maybe find something helpful. Richard
Rkesselus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 09:52 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewfinder View Post
yup... and I'd start looking under the sink by outside wall.

jim
Nothing there but a compartment for the outside TV and some various electrical controls...DDK
Old 02-12-2017, 10:10 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkesselus View Post
I have a 2000 Allegro Bus 35R. Most of my valves are in the Water and waste water bay on the Drivers side. My fresh water tank appears to be in the same place as yours, via your picture. The two tubes you show, are they inboard of the Passenger side bays? I have dug around under the sink and around the water heater and have not seen any valves. So I am interested in any updates you have and in the morning I will take a better look at my unit to maybe find something helpful. Richard
Good information for me. My water seems to be on the drivers side. The overflow tube are inboard of the passenger side about 10' back of the
front axle. I'd like to talk to your bus 2 bus. Whats a 35R? DDK
Old 02-13-2017, 01:33 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
What is directly above those drains? If it's the galley area, some of these older coaches had the drains pretty well out of sight, some had to accessed by removing a drawer or cabinet floor.
garykk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 08:21 AM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I agree, Low point drains and you had the water pump turned on.. Though the pump manufacturer claims it can run dry safely....

That's a lot of running time

Not the reason My pump is scheduled for replacement (Tomorrow more than likely, or the day after) but .. Well... (New pump is comming via priority mail.. Total cost was $0.00 but. Well, there is a story behind that, it's a Sur-Flo 3GPM nice quality pump, normally a bit shy of 100 dollars... but I get it for nothing.. My phone earns gift cards and I take On-line surveys for more gift cards and well.. I have enough left over to get a 2nd one if I wish)
Old 02-15-2017, 08:32 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-D-K View Post
Good information for me. My water seems to be on the drivers side. The overflow tube are inboard of the passenger side about 10' back of the
front axle. I'd like to talk to your bus 2 bus. Whats a 35R? DDK
Not sure I understand where your picure was taken. I see the tubes and in the background the arched frame member. Anyway I crawled around under my unit and did not see anything like your picture so we have different arraingments of tanks etc. The only valves I can see inside are water heater bi-pass valves under the kitchen sink and shut off valves under the bath lavatory. The drain valves I have located are in the Wet Bay other than the Back and Grey tank vales drain the freshwater tank. My freshwater tank fills via the city water input by moving a valve designed to fill the tank while hooked up to city water or by manual filling from a port on the passenger side directly above the water tank. I will watch this thread for more information. If you want to call please do so my cell is 512 431 2940. Richard The 35 R is the model number of my 2000 Allegro Bus.
Rkesselus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank, water