Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2016, 07:50 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
We made the change...

and upgraded our coach to a (slightly used) 2015 Tiffin Allegro 32SA. HOLY COW...what a difference. I will be updating our avatar soon. I have to say, DW and I are EXTREMELY happy. But with the upgrade comes some of the newest questions for us and I'm sure there will be more to come. If anyone can help, it would be appreciated.

Here are a couple so far...

1.) On our Thor, I had the Safe-t-Plus steering control which made a huge difference in steering and control. I have only gone a few hundred miles so far in the Tiffin (heading from Texas back to Phoenix Tuesday) and the sense of control is far superior than the last coach, even without the Safe-T-Plus. I know all the pros of having one (blowout control etc), but does it make a big difference in sway control? I want to invest if it makes sense to do so for that reason.

2.) Did the walk thru and there was so much info to understand, my head was spinning. Yes, I have all docs which I will continue to study, but while here, I figured I would ask: what is the box in the closet in bedroom for? The one with the power switch on it.

Really, really excited about the upgrade.

Thanks in advance for your time and expertise.

Don
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2016, 08:24 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I don't have a 32SA but here are my thought.
1. Safe-t-plus for steering control, not sway.
2. Probably for circuit breakers.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 03:54 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Safe-t-plus is for steering control and I think it's a must.
The box in the closet is the entertainment (TV and Surround) HDMI booster and hub. If you turn the switch off you get no TV.
Sjg1277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 04:27 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
The box in the closet also has a fan for cooling the entertainment (TV and Surround) HDMI booster and hub etc. If you leave it on it will keep it cool but don't lay clothes on it. I was warm about it over heating with clothes laid on it.
tjvogtiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 04:52 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks everyone for your replies. Got it figured out. Appreciate your knowledge.
Old 04-09-2016, 05:43 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
I have the Steer Safe on 2015 32ca and was glad I did it but..no... on the sway impact.. For that, you might want to search CHF (Cheap Handling Fix) on the forum. Lots of input pro and con. More pro than con as I remember. I did that on my front end and it does make a difference in my opinion. That was about 9,000 miles ago.
Calliedo02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 06:03 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks Chuck. I did the CHF on my ACE and it did make a difference. I actually forgot about that as an option on the Tiffin. We are sitting in Allen, Texas (just outside of) right now enjoying a bit of family time. We have been very impressed with some of the back country beauty Texas has to offer. Seems like a well kept secret!