Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-03-2014, 04:59 AM   #15

luvlabs, thanks, I got in to the site yesterday afternoon, not anything for me in the classified yet though. And, thanks for the CCC weights, Since we don't have any of the 30's or 32's in the area I had to rely on the internet.... I think (I'd have to check) the smaller model chassis is now 23,000 lbs.... I think they are heavy coachs' though.. As for size, if my wife could get me in to a 28 she would just be as happy as she can be, but with layouts I think the Minimum on any coach is 30 and perhpas 32.. you can only shove so much in to so many feet :-)

We are also looking at other models, we are not full timers, probably use it a few times in the summer and the costs of some of these units just does not make sense.... I'd really like to find a good used unit that has the bugs worked out and some depreciation shaved off the top :-) Good thing, were not in a hurry.. lots of time to explore..
davidki is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-03-2014, 05:05 AM   #16

Turtle Kent... we did at least think about height and had them make the opening in the front clearance at 14' which should handle any rig we want.. We even made the opening on the unit 15' rather than 12 or 13'. One of the problems when looking at coach's... the model number vs the real world.. I've seen units that call them selves 29' that are actually 32' Go figure and the folks placing the add just consider it a 29' unit... So, I always go with Tape in hand when looking :-) If I can't find something to fit in 34' I best stop looking because my wife does not want to go that big for various reasons.... right now she is happy with our 26' Jayco TT.

I do appreciate everyone's input ... there is nothing better than talking with people currently using the rigs...
davidki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tiffin