Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-01-2012, 03:27 PM   #1

Whistling noise 2010 Allegro RED

Hi, new to forum. New to Class A Diesel pusher. We have had a 5th wheel for years and just 2 wks ago bought a 2010 Tiffin Allegro RED 38QBA.!! We love it, except for the whistling in the front of the coach going down the highway. starts about 45mph.
Repair shop couldn't figure it out.
Whistling noise seems to be around the top of the windshield. sometimes hard to say. At first I thought maybe it was the door.
Repair shop said windshield gasket was fine but they put silicone anyway. They siliconed the front of the door awning. It didn't really help. No airhorns up top.
I did not notice this on the 2011 that we test drove.
We saved about 50K on the 2010 and don't have to mess with the DEF.
Bought it in So Cali. got 10.2mpg on the way home to Albuquerque.

Any suggestions?
Thanks
Chad
Sniperchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2012, 03:39 PM   #2

Wind sounds can be a real problem to track and sometimes to fix. To see if you have an air leak at the top of your windshield suggest you use some toilet paper taped across the top of your windshield and go for a drive. Be sure that no fans are operating while on this drive. If you see the toilet paper moving while driving that would tell you that an air leak exists. The fix might involve resealing the windshield.

Hope this helps you out.
wagon217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 03:49 PM   #3

I had loud wind noises on my Itasca. It was coming from the side windows. Ay the base of the windows there are water drain slots. Winnebago forgot to put the small plastic caps over them. I purchased the caps & wind noise was gone. We were really surprised how such small slots could make so much noise.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:59 PM   #4

Check your side mirrors. There may be a vent hole on the bottom...I have a 2012 Red and I will sometimes get the whistle as well. I comes and goes depending on the wind. I have read in others posts that this is typically the cause. I have not bothered to do anything to mine as of yet...has not bothered me enough.
rcarriere is offline   Reply With Quote