Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-14-2021, 07:48 AM   #1

Will Tiffin ever offer a Super C

I hope Tiffin will offer a Super C to rival Newmar SuperStar and Renegade Verona.

They need to avoid lower quality builds like Jayco Seneca and Entegra Accolade.

Also, they need to avoid building a Super C with too short of a wheelbase like Dynamax.
tripntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2021, 09:01 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Thor is already in that market with Jayco and Entegra, and their own Omni, Magnitude etc. It would be nice to see another high quality super C to chose from, but they would be competing with themselves while trying to produce a new high cost, low production line to compete with Newmar and Rev. If they did do it would probably be a re-badged Accolade with some higher end features and cosmetic treatments. This has me thinking about what happened to Dynamax about 10 years ago. If Tiffin was still privately held Id have a lot more confidence in the idea.
Old 10-14-2021, 11:20 AM   #3

They need to make a secret deal with Tesla to get a Tesla semi and stretch it to be an All Electric Super C. The tractor itself is not much more expensive than a high HP diesel semi tractor.
No Def., no oil changes, and no diesel to buy. By the time Tiffin could pull this off, the Mega Chargers will be rolling out. You can also link multiple Super Charger stalls to use the existing network. Charging at night in an RV Park could work as well.
From owning a Tesla for the last three years and driving semis in the past, I think that the Tesla Semi could make a great RV.
RonAz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 07:35 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonAz View Post
They need to make a secret deal with Tesla to get a Tesla semi and stretch it to be an All Electric Super C. The tractor itself is not much more expensive than a high HP diesel semi tractor.
No Def., no oil changes, and no diesel to buy. By the time Tiffin could pull this off, the Mega Chargers will be rolling out. You can also link multiple Super Charger stalls to use the existing network. Charging at night in an RV Park could work as well.
From owning a Tesla for the last three years and driving semis in the past, I think that the Tesla Semi could make a great RV.
I live in the humid & hot south. We use most of the 50amp from pedestal. Guess I'd need to rent two spaces, one for MH house 50 amp, and a second to charge the beast with 50 amp from second pedestal. I'm not opposed to the idea of electric drive MH, but not until the power grid is fixed to be dependable, and isn't shut down due to winds, or from power usage during peak hours. With that being said, I'd be all over a setup using a huge dependable non flammable battery bank and a diesel power generator for electricity. Locomotives technology should be explored.

How, back to current reality, hoping Tiffin will build a quality Super C to rival Renegade & NewMar.
Old 10-15-2021, 05:43 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripntx View Post
I live in the humid & hot south. We use most of the 50amp from pedestal. Guess I'd need to rent two spaces, one for MH house 50 amp, and a second to charge the beast with 50 amp from second pedestal. I'm not opposed to the idea of electric drive MH, but not until the power grid is fixed to be dependable, and isn't shut down due to winds, or from power usage during peak hours. With that being said, I'd be all over a setup using a huge dependable non flammable battery bank and a diesel power generator for electricity. Locomotives technology should be explored.

How, back to current reality, hoping Tiffin will build a quality Super C to rival Renegade & NewMar.
It would be easier and probably more profitable for the campground owner to add a few J1772 80 amp pedestals. The equipment is cheap (maybe 1500 -2000 dollars). And a 2nd party like Chargepoint or EVGO or FLO or BC hydro could do the install and look after the billing.
radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 10:59 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Is there that much market for the Super C niche that everyone would get into it? I didn't know there was much interest. I think they are fairly expensive, so do they have some advantage over a Class A? Just curious.
wog099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 11:29 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wog099 View Post
Is there that much market for the Super C niche that everyone would get into it? I didn't know there was much interest. I think they are fairly expensive, so do they have some advantage over a Class A? Just curious.
Yep. Towing.
radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 11:51 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by radar View Post
Yep. Towing.
Yes, didn't think about that, as I just tow a Jeep.
wog099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 12:03 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Quote:
Originally Posted by radar View Post
Yep. Towing.
The Newmar Super Star will tow 20k, but so will the top three Newmar Class A rigs. I think it really comes down to preference. Some people prefer that truck cab.
Old 10-16-2021, 05:21 AM   #10

Quote:
My DW will not drive our Class A, or any Class A. She doesn't feel comfortable sitting so far forward in drivers seat. She will drive a Class C, including Super C's.

I like to perform annual maintenance on our vehicles. A Super C will provide much better access to engine than a Class A DP.
Old 10-16-2021, 07:15 AM   #11

Quote:
Our last motorhome was a Thor Super-C and it was nice to drive but very light and bumpy in the rear. Easy to maintain but you lose a lot of space due to the cab and moving from front to back is quite difficult for the passenger.

If Tiffin were to build one, it would need to compete with Newmar and other even more top end models. Competing with the Thor line-up is no challenge from a construction, QC and many other reasons; that's why we now own a Tiffin.

Just my .02 worth,
Sam
Old 10-16-2021, 11:36 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
There are already pictures of super C chassis in factory bays under construction at Tiffin, should be out soon.
Old 10-17-2021, 01:13 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to jkorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripntx View Post
I hope Tiffin will offer a Super C to rival Newmar SuperStar and Renegade Verona.

They need to avoid lower quality builds like Jayco Seneca and Entegra Accolade.

Also, they need to avoid building a Super C with too short of a wheelbase like Dynamax.
I talked to someone the other day that hated their Super C. So noisy while driving. Hated it.
jkorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 07:58 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkorn View Post
I talked to someone the other day that hated their Super C. So noisy while driving. Hated it.
LOL, I currently drive a V10 Gas Tiffin...

Tags
offer, tiffin