Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2013, 06:56 AM   #1

Window

I have a 2013 Tiffin Allegro RED 38QRA. I notice some motor coachs has frame less window. And I also notice the Phaeton has painted flat frames around there window. I would like to change ours out to one of these. I called Tiffin they said they don't make those for the RED model.
PalmDale is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2013, 07:02 AM   #2

3000 Series Windows
Old 12-08-2013, 07:29 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Tiffin does not use the "3000" style window on the 2014 Phaetons, if that is what you are referring to. I'm not sure who makes the windows that Tiffin uses. I thought it was Hehr but a quick check of their website disproved that.

Did you ask Tiffin who makes their windows for them? Tiffin doesn't offer dual pane windows on the Allegro and Allegro Red models and is unlikely to want to retrofit them.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:06 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
That is one of the differences between an entry level and top level motor home.
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 01:51 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvlabs View Post
Tiffin does not use the "3000" style window on the 2014 Phaetons, if that is what you are referring to. I'm not sure who makes the windows that Tiffin uses. I thought it was Hehr but a quick check of their website disproved that.................
Unless things have changed recently, Tiffin does. They have their own window plant. I'm not sure if they make ALL the windows for all their models.
Ed
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:23 PM   #6

window

Thanks, and yes Tiffin does everything in house.
PalmDale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:08 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
The new windows are not made by Tiffin - way too much engineering has gone into the new ones. They did make their own windows and may still make a few, but they do not make the new Phaeton windows. The reason I thought they were Hehr was that I saw some Hehr stickered windows when we were watching our Phaeton being built.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:51 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvlabs View Post
The new windows are not made by Tiffin - way too much engineering has gone into the new ones. They did make their own windows and may still make a few, but they do not make the new Phaeton windows. The reason I thought they were Hehr was that I saw some Hehr stickered windows when we were watching our Phaeton being built.
The only one Tiffin doesn't make are the egress windows I believe that what Hehr windows are.
Shadow0120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:26 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
The 2014 Phaeton windows are an all new design. From the outside the two panes of glass are flush with a very narrow seam between them. The window frames are painted to match the body work. Opening the window involves undoing a latch which allows the sliding portion to move onto a parallel track to the fixed panel. Very nice window, dual pane, and weather tight.

The only window that is the old design is the driver's window.

Tags
window