Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-28-2019, 05:26 AM   #1

Windshield nightshade won’t retract

Hi
New to this. 2020 Allegro Red 33al. The power privacy/nightshade is down and won’t retract. It appears there’s no power, however, the solar shade behind it works. Thoughts?
Thanks
Stu
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-28-2019, 05:48 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Some shades have reset buttons, usually on the passenger end of the shade. It just a little button hanging down on two wires, mine is a red button. Sometimes it's tucked up out of the way so it can't be seen. Check both ends of your shade to see if you can find one, if so give it a press to see if that helps.
Old 12-28-2019, 07:30 AM   #3

Thanks! I’ll check
Old 12-28-2019, 07:52 AM   #4

I don’t see a reset either side. Thanks for your help!
Stu
Old 12-28-2019, 08:00 AM   #5

A friend's require a new motor, which was in the tube and found a replacement on Amazon.
Old 12-28-2019, 09:15 AM   #6

I have a 2019 37BA, when i installed my magna shade magnets I accidentally disconnected the the wires for one of the shades. They are in the upper left corner of the windshield (if you were sitting in the driver seat) tucked up high. Check the connections, hopefully that’s all it is. Good luck!
Old 12-28-2019, 01:23 PM   #7

Somewhere in the front overhead there is also a Spyder controller for the shades with a bunch of wires connected. On my 2019 Phaeton it is just to the right of the front TV.
Old 12-28-2019, 03:37 PM   #8

Thanks! If I had fingers as skinny as a shish kabob skewer, I might be able to tell...kidding of course, but, the analogy is quite true. I could feel, but not see. Since I don’t usually mess with stuff I know nothing about. This isn’t solving world hunger, it rolls up nicely and held in place with almighty duct tape.
I will talk to Tiffin when they come off Christmas leave. No worries, but thanks for response...new to all this��
Old 12-28-2019, 03:38 PM   #9

Thanks, I’m sure great advice but doesn’t match our Red 340 33al.
Cheers, and seasons greetings!
Stu
Old 12-28-2019, 03:40 PM   #10

No sypder controller����Thanks!
Old 12-28-2019, 05:23 PM   #11

Other than that issue what do you think of your new coach?
GonetoRaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 09:33 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Stu
Your still under warranty. Ours wouldn’t go up. It was the motor. Covered under warranty.

FYI
jlturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 05:31 AM   #13

Yes, only 3 months old. Making a pass through Red Bay to drop off for some other small things.
Thanks!
Stu
Old 12-29-2019, 05:44 AM   #14

Well, this is our 3rd RV in as many years. The others were Jayco’s, they were ok, good for the money, but this has been great! It’s easy to drive, very quiet, very smooth on the road, doesn’t get pushed around like the others by passing trucks. I guess this is a threshold coach for high-end equipment, but thus far, I wouldn’t want any bigger for just 2 people and a small dog. The quality is very good. If I had a negative, it would be horsepower and torque. On the highways, cruises nicely at 65/70 towing a Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk. The real test will be in the mountains. When going up slight hills on the interstates in central USA, it slows. So I expect a lot of bleed off in the Rockies, but remains to be seen. With that being said, I’m averaging 10-11 mpg. I’m not overly concerned about it, since I didn’t buy it for gas mileage, but it is a pleasant surprise.
As an entry level coach, we couldn’t be happier, outstanding quality for the money!
Thanks
Stu

Tags
wind, windshield