Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-03-2013, 06:49 PM   #1

Windshield wipers

Anyone have problems with the new wiper blades scratching the windshield?
My new bus had scratches from both blades.
sidecar17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2013, 07:21 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Dirt and grit will scratch windshield. Did you use the washers when you turned the wipers on?
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:02 AM   #3

I always wet the windshield first .
The new blades have extreme pressure in the center and that is where the scratches occur. I have seen other coaches with the same problem
Old 09-05-2013, 11:13 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Location: Mt. Olive Shores North......RV community ( winter )
Not scratching....but I did have a problem with the rubber tearing......and couldn't find the right size..... so now I have 28" blades on the coach and suspend them off the glass with tennis balls.
don-deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:15 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
I use the 303 Aerospace and clean the wiper bladed as often as possible. Really makes a difference. Thanks.

Charles G.
Charles G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:12 PM   #6

It is not the blade itself. It is the plastic which attaches the blade to the arm. The arm applies extreme pressure and distorts the rubber blade causing scratches on the glass.from the plastic.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:31 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
As a follow up on my earlier post, we have mirror covers and wiper covers that we purchased from Camping World. They work great.

Charles G.
Charles G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:21 PM   #8

Windshield wiper issues!!! After last summer we have covered our windshield wipers with "little kid" pool floaties that I cut to fit and cover the blades to protect them from the So Cal sun. Before this, the blades would work their way off of the arm during use because a piece of the arm holding the blade on would break off. I am still searching for real covers. Most of our trips are in the southwest. We only see rain in the motorhome during our annual summer trip from California to Ohio.
OpiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:48 AM   #9

Windshield wiper scratched new 2013 34tga

We have a new 2013 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 34TGA and recently drove all day through rain. The next day, we noticed the windshield had "streaking" on the driver side.

Later, when attempting to clean off the "streaks" it became apparent that the windshield had been scratched by the wiper.

We are getting ready to take the RV in for warranty work, and was wondering if this windshield can be fixed? Or will it have to be replaced?

This is a brand new coach with brand new factory blades - and nothing indicated that the blades were defective during the drive in the rain.

Any comments from individuals with this same type of problem (or someone from Tiffin) would be appreciated.
tennsims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 03:35 PM   #10

Hmmm.... we also have a new Tiffin 2013 34TGA and I just ran out to check my wiper blades. No apparent windshield scratches after a few hours of use over past month... but I cleaned the rubber elements anyway, and treated them with a quality rubber protectant...and then supported the arms OFF the windshield mostly with a couple tennis balls.

Preventative medicine. Will monitor this thread to see if Tiffin has anything to say about it.
Ed_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 03:41 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennsims View Post
We have a new 2013 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 34TGA and recently drove all day through rain. The next day, we noticed the windshield had "streaking" on the driver side.

Later, when attempting to clean off the "streaks" it became apparent that the windshield had been scratched by the wiper.

We are getting ready to take the RV in for warranty work, and was wondering if this windshield can be fixed? Or will it have to be replaced?

This is a brand new coach with brand new factory blades - and nothing indicated that the blades were defective during the drive in the rain.

Any comments from individuals with this same type of problem (or someone from Tiffin) would be appreciated.
We was at the Tiffin rally this past April and some one ask Bob about this.. Then they looked at the new Bus we were in and it's windshield was scratched. Bob was on the phone immediately back to Red Bay.
Shadow0120 is offline   Reply With Quote