Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-27-2022, 08:22 PM   #29

AquaHot

Quote:
Originally Posted by caninecop View Post
Mark thanks for the information that you posted, I never thought about running the electric & diesel at the same time would cut down the amount of diesel used. We live in SE AZ so we don’t have the burner running that long a time so our diesel consumption should be a lot less.
I'm lost. I don't understand how to run the electric and diesel aquahot at the same time. We have a 2017 Phaeton 40AH. There are three furnace thermostats (front, mid, and rear). Each has the following selections:

Cool, Off, Gas heat, Elec Heat. If I slide the selector to "Gas" I get baseboard forced air heat (assume diesel). If I slide the selector to "Elec" I get heat pump off the roof which is not efficient (runs constantly) at temperatures below 40 F. How do I get electric aquahot?

Thanks. (We had horrible to zero dealer education at Bretz in MT so we are still learning ... ) :-( AVOID Bretz!
TwoOciCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-28-2022, 06:35 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoOciCats View Post
I'm lost. I don't understand how to run the electric and diesel aquahot at the same time. We have a 2017 Phaeton 40AH. There are three furnace thermostats (front, mid, and rear). Each has the following selections:

Cool, Off, Gas heat, Elec Heat. If I slide the selector to "Gas" I get baseboard forced air heat (assume diesel). If I slide the selector to "Elec" I get heat pump off the roof which is not efficient (runs constantly) at temperatures below 40 F. How do I get electric aquahot?

Thanks. (We had horrible to zero dealer education at Bretz in MT so we are still learning ... ) :-( AVOID Bretz!
Are you sure you have an AquaHot? Controls sound more like a propane furnace.

Sam
Old 12-28-2022, 09:29 AM   #31

Getting ready to go south

My two cents....when we've have our rig winterized, we run two small space heaters to keep the inside rig above freezing and since it is plugged in, the frig and freezer are functional. When we head south, we wait until we get below the "freeze line," spend a day at a campground and de-winterize then. We do not have the AquaHot system though and that may make a difference. That solves several issues, including if something happens that our trip must be postponed.
Old 12-28-2022, 09:55 AM   #32

Tiffin Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
You first need to turn on the AH via the Spyder panel. That is where you select electric, gas/diesel, or both.

The thermostats just turn on the AC, heat pumps (electric), or AH furnace (gas).

If you had the AH off on the Spyder panel and the thermostat on "gas", you won't get heat from the furnace.
Old 12-29-2022, 05:10 PM   #33

I have a 2019 40 IH with AquaHot no floor heat. I have the coach in the driveway plugged into our house 110. I can run the lights and fridge an keep the batteries charged.

During the cold snap I turned on the AquaHot (Diesel) and set the front and rear thermostats to 50 degrees. Additional I have the thermostat in the wetbay set at 45 degrees. This keep everything above freezing during the night. It worked well for me.
NCSaltyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 06:55 AM   #34

Tiffin Owners Club
As I mentioned in an earlier post in this thread, I had NO AH baseboard heat in the coach while the slides are in.

I had Tiffin look at this in an express bay in Red Bay. They found the kink in the AH line and their fix was to cut out some of the insulation that the AH hose was hitting when the slides came in. This fixed the problem to my satisfaction. Triple checked it while having to put the slides in and out to get to other bays for warranty work. Works like a champ!!

Tags
heat, heating, winter