Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-24-2023, 10:22 AM   #43

Tiffin Owners Club
Add me to the Walmart pickup. Just got 28” Michelin for the Tiffin32SA and had to use them for 3 hours. No problems.
Hank
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-24-2023, 02:33 PM   #44

Thor Owners Club
Wiper Blades - Try Napa Auto Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by glsponchos View Post
Anyone know where wiper blades can be obtained, other than Tiffin directly?
I use NAPA auto parts for the big hook blades for my 2008 Damon Challenger. They carry truck blades.
Old 03-24-2023, 02:36 PM   #45

Wiper blades

I get mine at walmart
Robert401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 02:46 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by windfall96 View Post
For those indicating that the wiper nlades in big box stores wont fit the JHooks of the motor home, let me respectively say based on my recent you are incorrect. I just installed Rain X 28" blades i purchased from walmart and they fit perfectly. They are built with adapters of all types of attachments. Smaller than the 32" length but frankly the missing coverage area is not noticeable. And being Scottish it beats the price of the speciality blades!
What’s the PN? Ives seen those blades and they won’t work on the 12x4 j-hooks, unless I’m missing something.
Bonron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 04:42 PM   #47
tcg

Just going by the part number someone posted, they are available at Walmart but cheaper on Amazon.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/TRICO-HD-...d-RVs/54944024

https://www.amazon.com/Trico-67-324-...004A6GEOG?th=1
tcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 11:22 PM   #48

Wiper Technologies

I replaced the wipers on my Open Road 32CA in the past 2 years from 2 different RV dealers. Wiper Technologies WT1-32 = OK; WT8-32 = NG.
Old 03-26-2023, 09:38 AM   #49

Replacement wiper blades

I have the bolt on style on my 2004 HR endeavor. I have good luck with my local Orielys auto parts store. Take in or measure your old ones. I ordered 4 blades so I have a spare set and have the part number on hand.

RV safe
Scooter
Scooter363y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 10:14 AM   #50

Ford Super Duty Owner
There is a real easy solution to the wiper blade issue. I've posted this before. The smaller car/truck etc wiper blade "J"-hook is 9-MM wide. The larger one is 12-MM. There may be some other sizes but these are the two main sizes.

If you have the "J"-Hook style on your RV use a flapper grinder and reduce the thickness of your 12-MM "J"-hook down to 9-MM. Now you can buy the "J"-hook 9-MM blade you find in any store. It can't get much easier than that!!!

I did this to my stock RV blades 5 years ago and have not had one single issue. I've also reduced the length from stock to about 26" to 24". I really don't need the entire front windshield cleared just to get down the road when it's raining.

If it rains really hard I'll just get off the road.

If you have not noticed most wiper manufacturers are not making as many blade replacements (inserts) as they did 10 years ago. Replacing blades is much more expensive because they now replace most of the wiper and not just the blade insert. Just another way to increase costs for the consumer.

The idea to grind the 12-MM stock arm to 9-MM came to me after 4 of us guys drove for over 3 hours to find blades to fit a friends RV. The cost was way to high because they were for an RV.

I'm not Scottish but if I can beat them at their game it's much more satisfying and rewarding.
Old 03-26-2023, 03:11 PM   #51

My vote is for Rock Auto, cut to fit rubber sweeps, less than $5 ea. I get three of them 28”, pull my 32” out, slip a new 28” in, then slip the end of the third sweep in, cut it off and put the end back on. This way I get to keep my 33” air foil wipers.
alank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 09:25 PM   #52

It is so expensive and wasteful to replace the whole blade. I prefer to order silicone refills. They last years compared to rubber ones. Very cheap, about $2 per side. Many can be found in Amazon. You just need to look at the blade you have and figure out from Youtube video how to remove/install them. Many different refill cross section patterns but there is a good chance you can figure it out. If not, buy a new pair that you can use refills next time. Learning from the Youtube videos will help you figure out which ones can be replaced.
SawdustRadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 05:53 PM   #53

Tiffin Owners Club
Good discussion above.

Just FYI - I more double the life span of my wipers by wiping them with Vinegar or even WD40 after a wash. They stay clean, effective and don’t skip across the windshield.
Old 03-28-2023, 11:31 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH_RVer View Post
Good discussion above.

Just FYI - I more double the life span of my wipers by wiping them with Vinegar or even WD40 after a wash. They stay clean, effective and don’t skip across the windshield.
If you straighten the wipers so they set perpendicular to the windshield, they won’t skip.
alank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 07:38 AM   #55

Tiffin Owners Club
Yes, mine are slightly tilting. I’ll adjust them. Thank you.
Old 03-29-2023, 07:41 AM   #56

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I bought some on amazon.com.
ArtJoyce is online now   Reply With Quote