Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-09-2018, 06:08 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
'00 Bounder flooring/slide question

So, I just finished reading through 135 pages of mods that people did to their FW coaches hoping to find some information on my coach. Most of the people who have changed their flooring have much newer coaches than my '00 Bounder 36S.
First, my slide appears to ride on a teflon rub strip, with no rollers or anything contacting the original carpet on the inside(slide floor does not go flush when extended). No roller or rub marks on the carpet, and none that I can feel or see under the slide when extended. The carpet on the slide itself appears to wrap under the leading edge of the slide. I won't be removing the carpet on the slide.
Was planning on using Allure vinyl planks. I've used this before in my S&B, and found it easy to work with and very durable. I had it in my mind to secure the first row of flooring under the slide(slide overlaps the floor by about 4" when fully open)with contact cement and just let the rest float with the usual quarter round molding along all other walls and cabinets.
Am I missing anything here?
Old_Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2018, 07:52 AM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Following -
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 08:32 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You are not missing anything. BUT, I don't think the floor carpet extends as far under the slide as you think. On my '97 it is about 2" at most. After you get all the obvious staples out, you can pull the carpet out from under the slide by hand. Any small flat tool (i.e. putty knife) can be used to feel for any staples left under there. There is a straight edge lip under the slide that can be used align the first row of Alure planks. Just push them under and secure if you see fit. I did NOT glue any of mine down, but let the whole thing float. Of course, when you get to the stair well you will want to tack/glue it down. I also left the carpet in my cockpit so there is a transition strip behind the front seats. I have photos if you are interested.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow View Post
So, I just finished reading through 135 pages of mods that people did to their FW coaches hoping to find some information on my coach. Most of the people who have changed their flooring have much newer coaches than my '00 Bounder 36S.
First, my slide appears to ride on a teflon rub strip, with no rollers or anything contacting the original carpet on the inside(slide floor does not go flush when extended). No roller or rub marks on the carpet, and none that I can feel or see under the slide when extended. The carpet on the slide itself appears to wrap under the leading edge of the slide. I won't be removing the carpet on the slide.
Was planning on using Allure vinyl planks. I've used this before in my S&B, and found it easy to work with and very durable. I had it in my mind to secure the first row of flooring under the slide(slide overlaps the floor by about 4" when fully open)with contact cement and just let the rest float with the usual quarter round molding along all other walls and cabinets.
Am I missing anything here?
Old 01-09-2018, 08:53 PM   #4

I am interested in your photos!
Old 01-10-2018, 04:48 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by sclaryusa View Post
I am interested in your photos!

Yeah, me too. Pictures would be great.

I went back and looked again, and you are correct, the overhang is a couple of inches at most.
The other thing I discovered is that the carpet on the slide doesn't actually extend under the slide, it stops right at the lower edge. Will I need to have a couple of throw rugs under the slide when I retract it to keep it from hitting the new flooring?

I'm still up in the air about the cockpit area. I'd thought of leaving it carpeted, but naturally, some of the worst wear is in the driver's foot well.
I'm also slightly concerned about what the heat through the floor(gasser coach)would do to the Allure.
Old_Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 06:19 AM   #6

Yes please post pics, I also am wanting to replace all my carpet and trying to decide between new carpet, vinyl, or laminate. I see the benefit of vinyl, but got laminar all through my s&B now and really hate cold floors on my feet. I torn between carpet, carpet tiles and vinyl tiles.
JLWoodward is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bounder, floor, flooring, slide