RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2019, 07:37 PM   #1

02 Bounder 39R inverter fuse?

Hey guys, new here.

I have a 2002 Fleetwood bounder 39R (diesel). I'm trying to locate the inverter fuse? I suspect it's bad. Ive checked voltage at the battery inputs on the inverter and I have nothing. Batteries have 12.5 and 13.2. I can't run anything off the batteries except the 12v lighting. So I don't think it's getting power.

Would anyone know where to look? I've looked all around the batteries and found nothing. I would imagine it's not going to be somewhere up front since there's two feet from the batteries to the inverter. The wiring is well hidden between the two though.
Taylorjbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2019, 08:51 PM   #2

Disregard, I found it hiding behind an access panel the last owner installed by the aux batteries.
Old 03-27-2019, 09:06 PM   #3

Glad you found it. Did the fuse take care of the problem ?
Old 03-28-2019, 07:08 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tajfish View Post

Won't know for a couple days, had to order one as there were none locally. I didn't want to land the two positives together just in case there is something shorting out.

I will report back when I get the new fuse.
Old 03-28-2019, 08:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tajfish View Post

Okay, got a new fuse today.

Not working still.

I have voltage from the positive on the inverter to the negative on any battery.

No voltage between positive and negative on the inverter itself.

No voltage between negative on inverter and positive on batteries
Old 03-28-2019, 09:42 PM   #6

The negetive inverter cable connected to the batty negetive ?
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 06:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
The negetive inverter cable connected to the batty negetive ?
Found the problem today.

Previous owner installed new batteries upon pick up. He hooked them up wrong. Both were landed to positive, one on one battery one on another. So had no ground.

Works like a charm now. Wondering if it was something else humming instead of the inverter.

Another question, will my inverter not power everything? My microwave works but not my fridge. TV and some outlets work but not all. I'd like it if my fridge was able to be powered by the inverter so at night it'll run while boondocking if I run out of propane.
Old 03-29-2019, 06:24 PM   #8

The size of the inverter determines how much you can run on it. Probably not large enough to run everything. Do you have a residential fridge? That will be on it. It most likely wired to some outlets like the ones near the tv's. GFI bath and kitchens. All are wired different.
Old 03-29-2019, 06:26 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorjbrown View Post
Found the problem today.

Previous owner installed new batteries upon pick up. He hooked them up wrong. Both were landed to positive, one on one battery one on another. So had no ground.

Works like a charm now. Wondering if it was something else humming instead of the inverter.

Another question, will my inverter not power everything? My microwave works but not my fridge. TV and some outlets work but not all. I'd like it if my fridge was able to be powered by the inverter so at night it'll run while boondocking if I run out of propane.
Probably heard the Converter running it you were plugged into shore power.
Old 03-29-2019, 06:42 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
The size of the inverter determines how much you can run on it. Probably not large enough to run everything. Do you have a residential fridge? That will be on it. It most likely wired to some outlets like the ones near the tv's. GFI bath and kitchens. All are wired different.
It's a 2000w inverter.

It's a norcold 4 door fridge with ice maker. When I turn it on and select AC it beeps and says "no AC" so I'm thinking that's not on it which sucks. But the microwave is and it's right next to it. Maybe there's some way I can put that on an inverter circuit?

Tags
bounder, fuse, inverter