Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-05-2010, 12:18 PM   #1

'02 Fleetwood Storm - where is my house battery charger?

Greetings,
I recently posted in another area trying to find out if my house batteries are shot - the PO stated that he had done maintenace but during winterization I found that the house batteries (2 12V) needed over 6 QTS of water to top them off. They only had about 3" of water in the bottom.

That said, I'd like to check my charging system. Can someone tell me where the house battery charger is on my Fleetwood Class A??? I don't see anything like a battery wizard or anything obvious that looks like a battery charger.

Thanks!
neo102470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-05-2010, 03:05 PM   #2

Your charger is probably part of a converter unit that supplies 12v to the coach when plugged into a land 120v line. You may have a panel somewhere inside the coach that accesses the unit. Otherwise, it would be installed in one of the side storage compartments and accessed from the outside. Your manuals should give you a clue. Another suggestion is to follow the leads coming off the battery. They should go directly to the converter/charger, or to a circuit breaker/fuse unit that is located close to the charger. Generally (but not guaranteed), the batteries are close to the charger to keep the cable run short.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:26 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If your batteries were that low on water they may be permanently shot.
I found my converter/charger by turning on a few of the 12v lights and then waited and listened until I heard the converter fan running. Mine is under the drawer under the refrigerator. I just have to pull out the drawer to access the converter and wiring. This is on a 2002 36' Bounder.
I know some have their converter under one side of the dinette. I think usually there is a vent grill near where the converter is installed.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:19 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Converter/Charger

I have a 2003 Storm and my converter is located in a bay compartment near the entrance steps (to the left of the steps if you are facing them).
New2this is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 06:05 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
You will need to replace the batteries. I would also look at replacing your power converter with one of the new three stage charging units while will taper down the charge rate when the batteries are charged and prevent over charging and cooking the batteries.

ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|Full-Time! - 2012 6.7L Ford Crew Cab Dually -2013 HitchHiker Champagne 38RLRSB - Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bounder